DECO environment back-up

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

DECO environment back-up

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
DECO environment back-up
DECO environment back-up
2023-10-04 07:36:40
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.7.3

I have 6 pcs x M5 and 1 pcs x X50-Outdoor (this one is principal) with 50+ devices. 

1. What si the restart correct sequence (first the 6 M5 satellites and later X50 principal OR first X50 principal and then the 6 M5 satellites). It is recommended to do daily restarts?

2. How can I make back-up of the entire environment? This is important as I have so many devices to manage. VERY IMPORTANT!

Options
4 Reply
Re:DECO environment back-up
2023-10-13 06:25:54

@CCDan You can see how to restart individual devices or the entire network by accessing How to configure the Reboot Schedule feature on the Deco | TP-Link Hong Kong and How can I reset or reboot my Deco Whole-Home Wi-Fi System. | TP-Link. For example, if you want to restart the entire network, you can do this with one click on the Deco APP. As for how often to restart, of course, depends on your own needs, we certainly can not judge for you. In addition, Deco does not support the backup function at present.

Options
2023-10-14 16:32:26

@DIDADI question was if there is a recommended restart order for individual restart (wether first sattelites and then main Deco OR first main Deco and after the sattelites).

About back-up lack of availability is pitty because I am experiencing with a frequency of around 1 time per month/3 weeks that a Deco in the network loose his name. Some times 2 Decos. So I need to work again on and remake all settings.

Quite annoying these mesh networks, need continous maintenance and are not compatible with all devices. If I would have this knowledge once I started this network I wouldn't do  it again. Either tech is noy so developed or Tplink is not so good but I am not recommending mesh network to my fellows. The benefits are too small related to the disadvantages....

Options
2023-10-14 20:24:15 - last edited 2023-10-14 20:24:46

@CCDan 

If you plan full Deco mesh restart, you can restart individual Deco units in any order. If you plan to do full Deco mesh restart on a regular basis, as it were already recommended just set restart schedule in Deco app.

I have two M5s and two M9s in my Deco mesh. I don't restart them often, they just run. They usually get restarted only when there is new firmware upgrade that requres restart. I have that Deco mesh for 3 years already. It is stable and does not need my attention.

I am interested in your statement "a Deco in the network loose his name. Some times 2 Decos. So I need to work again on and remake all settings."

Can you explain in more detail what you mean? Because, if I take it as it were said, if for example I had "Bedroom" Deco it could change its name to, say, "Kitchen" Deco. Even if that happens, why and what settings you need to remake? That Deco name is just a label.

I am sure the problem with M5s you have is something different from what I understand by reading what you wrote.

Options
2023-10-15 05:05:53 - last edited 2023-10-15 05:16:48

DecosProblem is that when they return to default, if is the main Deco among them, it loose preference of connections and I need to rewrite all preferences (56 devices +/-). Mainly I have SonOffs and Da hua cameras. I noticed also that if I stop the rapid protocol it keeps the devices connected more stable. Also I have devices that are seen by Deco app but without their IPs. Another bad thing is that I see the device in App with good signal but the device is not accesible.... I need to restart that Deco to acces that device. And so on.... X-50 Outdoor v1.2.3; 6 x M5 v1.7.3

PS the router is same TPlink Archer AX73

Options