Omada Voucher Group

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Omada Voucher Group

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Omada Voucher Group
Omada Voucher Group
2023-10-06 19:07:24 - last edited 2023-10-09 09:47:11
Model: OC300  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 5.12.9 Firmware 1.19.3 Build 20230906 Rel.38429

Local Office Setup:

ER605 V2.0, Firmware 2.1.2 Build 20230210 Rel.62992

OC300 V1.6 Controller Version 5.12.9  Firmware 1.19.3 Build 20230906 Rel.38429

Remote EAP

EAP110 V3.0, Firmware 5.0.7 Build 20230410 Rel. 69645

I'm trying out the new feature on Voucher Authentication with Timing by usage option.

Test#1 Voucher Group Settings:

The new feature works as expected, i.e., the time expires based on actual usage by the user.

Test#2: Similar setting as #1 except the duration type is set to Client Duration. I got similar result.

Test #3. Type is set to Limited Online User = 1

Result: Voucher code is not longer valid after the duration, however, the status remains "In-use"

Test #4 - Similar to #3 except the Duration type is set to Client Duration. The voucher code never expired using multiple devices. The status remain in use.

What I expected si that the Time pause should also work with Test #3 & #4.

Does anyone came accross similar scenario from my test cases above?

I appreciate any feedback. Thanks!

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Omada Voucher Group-Solution
2023-10-09 09:46:27 - last edited 2023-10-09 09:47:11

Hello @Skinet,

Thanks for your valuable feedback!

The R&D team has located the Voucher issue and will fix it in subsequent versions, it will take some time will be required. Please keep an eye on the new controller version release (subsribe to this post) for an update.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:Omada Voucher Group
2023-10-08 06:01:57

@Skinet I did the same thing on my controller, and it's the same as your test. I guess this is because "Type" is set to "Limited Online Users" and the value is 1, so only one online device can be used at the same time.

For test4, "Duration Type" is Client Duration. When a device uses the code and the duration exceeds the value of "Duration", the network is disconnected. However, the code can be used again on any device, including the device that used the code last time. So it doesn't expire and is still in "in use" status.

For test3, as "Duration Type" is "Voucher Duration", the network will be disconnected if a certain device uses the code and the duration exceeds the value of "Duration". The code will expire because it has already been used and cannot be used by any other device. It is not clear why it also shows "In use", theoretically it should be "expired".

Options
2023-10-08 14:25:26

@DIDADI 

I did further testing on #1 and I noticed the iphone I used for testing would still connect to the SSID even after the duration expired but no internet connection. I have to power cycle my phone in order to go to the login page again.

I hope TPlink woukd fix these issues in the next firmware release.

I would also like a feature where the time used or time remaining is available in the dashboard or anywhere in the hotspot management page.

Options
Re:Omada Voucher Group-Solution
2023-10-09 09:46:27 - last edited 2023-10-09 09:47:11

Hello @Skinet,

Thanks for your valuable feedback!

The R&D team has located the Voucher issue and will fix it in subsequent versions, it will take some time will be required. Please keep an eye on the new controller version release (subsribe to this post) for an update.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
2023-10-09 12:26:37
Thanks! I will keep an eye on the next release.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 776

Replies: 4

Related Articles