NEW Archer AX23 cannot connect

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-08 05:25:32 - last edited 2023-10-28 04:42:01
Model: Archer AX23  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 221C463000271

Hi there, 

I'm trying to set up a new archer ax23 with a chorus ONT in New Zealand. The archer displays first 3 solid green lights then the 4th being solid orange. 

I have the WAN port hard wired into the ONT with an Ethernet cable to LAN 1 on the ONT and the ONT displays a solid green light for Lan 1 with an occasional quick flicker in that light. 

I'm connected via the app to the ax23 but the connection from the ax23 to the Internet is failing. 

Any tips? Cheers! 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:NEW Archer AX23 cannot connect-Solution
2023-10-25 01:10:06 - last edited 2023-10-28 04:42:01

@Youbana 

Hi, please make sure the WAN or Internet Connection Type on the AX23 is configured as "Dynamic IP" on Advanced->Network->Internet page.

Then refer to this guide to configure or check your Internet VLAN ID settings based on the details given by your ISP:

How to configure VLAN ID for your internet connection on wireless router

Recommended Solution
Options
7 Reply
Re:NEW Archer AX23 cannot connect
2023-10-09 02:16:59

@Youbana 

Hi, please follow this guide to troubleshoot the router internet issue: What should I do if I cannot access the internet through Wi-Fi router?

Options
2023-10-15 03:19:43

@Sunshine thanks for reaching out. 

I have been following the link you've provided but now realising I don't think my connection uses a dsl modem? It's a fibre connection. 

These steps don't really make sense to me. 

I had Internet when using my Internet company's modem. Now I've plugged this one in and gone through all the set up,  it doesn't access the Internet.

I'm about done with it tbh, many hours spent here already.

Options
2023-10-16 01:51:42

@Youbana 

Hi, what is the WAN connection type given by your ISP? like Dynamic IP or PPPoE etc.? and does your ISP require any VLAN ID? 

Please make sure the AX23 router has been configured correctly with information given by your ISP.

If your ISP doesn't require any VLAN ID, please connect a computer to your ONT directly via Ethernet cable and check if you will be able to get internet access this way.

By the way, you mentioned that your Internet company's modem works fine on the same line, you mean it is another ISP router except for the ONT, right?

If possible, you could also check Internet Settings on that product to see if it uses the same settings as the AX23 router.

Options
2023-10-24 18:53:35 - last edited 2023-10-24 18:55:37

@Sunshine thanks for your continued support. 

My 'slingshot' ISP has these details with respect to the manual set up of a modem: 

Manual setup

Make sure the modem is configured with these settings:

WAN Connection Type: DHCP (Automatic IP/Dynamic IP/IP over Ethernet)

802.1Q: Enabled

VLAN ID (802.1Q): 10

802.1P (Priority): 0

IP Version: IPv4 or IPv6

MTU Size: 1492 or 1500

NAT: Enabled

I'm not sure how to check these data points in my settings. 

I have connected to the ONT directly via an ethernet cable but Internet connectivity was not available. 

Yes the ISP-provided modem works when connecting to the ONT box but I cannot find the relevant settings to cross reference. 

Hope do I change the AXsettings to mirror the above data? Thanks again. 

Options
Re:NEW Archer AX23 cannot connect-Solution
2023-10-25 01:10:06 - last edited 2023-10-28 04:42:01

@Youbana 

Hi, please make sure the WAN or Internet Connection Type on the AX23 is configured as "Dynamic IP" on Advanced->Network->Internet page.

Then refer to this guide to configure or check your Internet VLAN ID settings based on the details given by your ISP:

How to configure VLAN ID for your internet connection on wireless router

Recommended Solution
Options
2023-10-28 04:41:41

@Sunshine thanks so much,  I have it working finally. The key point was to change the VLAN ID to 10 from 0. 

I couldn't have done that unassisted so I really do appreciate your help!!

Options
2023-10-30 02:50:15

@Youbana 

Thanks a lot for the update, very glad to hear that you've resolved the problem, and hope you could enjoy the internet with our product.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 623

Replies: 7

Related Articles