Trouble with Ethernet Adapters and TP-Link Range Extender

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-09 07:18:35
Tags: #range extender
Model: Range Extender  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hey everyone,

I hope you're all doing well. I've run into a bit of a snag with my TP-Link range extender, and I'm hoping to get some advice and suggestions on how to resolve this issue.

So, here's the situation. I recently purchased a TP-Link range extender to boost the Wi-Fi signal in my home. I was tired of having dead spots and slow connections in certain areas, so I thought this would be the perfect solution. However, I decided to take it a step further and use Ethernet adapters to connect some devices directly to the extender for a faster and more stable connection.

I set up the range extender, and it's working great for extending the Wi-Fi coverage. But when I tried to connect my devices to the Ethernet adapters, I encountered some problems. The devices couldn't seem to establish a connection, and I'm not sure what's going wrong.

I've tried a few troubleshooting steps myself, like checking the Ethernet cables, making sure the adapters are properly plugged in, and even resetting the range extender. Still, the problem persists. It's frustrating because I really want to enjoy the benefits of a wired connection for my devices.

That's why I've turned to this community for help. Has anyone else experienced a similar issue with Ethernet adapters and a TP-Link range extender? If so, how did you resolve it? Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Additional Information

Here are some additional details that might be relevant:

• The Ethernet adapters I'm using are reputable and have worked fine in the past.
  • I've double-checked the settings on the range extender, but everything seems to be in order.
  • My router is also from TP-Link, and the extender is designed to work seamlessly with it.

I'm hoping someone here can shed some light on this issue and help me get my Ethernet adapters working with the TP-Link range extender. Thanks in advance for your assistance!

Thanks & Regards,

N. Tobias

Options
1 Reply
Re:Trouble with Ethernet Adapters and TP-Link Range Extender
2023-10-12 03:38:57

@nancytobias What are the models of your router and RE? Try connecting the device directly to the router to see if a stable connection can be established?

Options