EAP225-Outdoor Beamforming

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-13 11:58:40
Model: EAP225-Outdoor  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 5.1.0 Build 20220926 Rel. 62456(5553)

In reading other posts about Beamforming, it appears TP-Link does not expose the option to Enable/Disable it.

Their standard answer seems to be along the lines of "if you use AC to connect, it's baked in".

Seems odd to me that they don't allow the user to enable/disable based upon their needs & experience.

Any idea why that option isn't available for the User to choose ?

Options
1 Reply
Re:EAP225-Outdoor Beamforming
2023-10-13 12:54:40

@JohnRichardTLH 

I dont speak for TP Link, but to the best of my understanding, it conforms to standards.  

For an AP to be classified as AC (WiFi5) it is required to support and use beamforming technology, however its likely that if you set the AP for N or G grade wireless, beamforming will also be disabled as its not required.    I have not tested this theory myself  smiley

Beamforming is generally an excellent standard, it would be detrimental in all but the most obscure situations to disable it.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 310

Replies: 1

Related Articles