Home Shield Pro cannot cut down the internet connection when the the avaliable time is expired

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Home Shield Pro cannot cut down the internet connection when the the avaliable time is expired

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-15 04:52:18
Model: Archer AX55  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.3 Build 20230603 rel.46473

Hi Sir,

I used Home Shield Pro for one year. Most of features are working well but I always encountered an issue that my son kept playing Minecraft or some games after the available time was expired. I checked the APP and confirmed the internet already showed blocking.

If I force reset the AX55, the game will be terminated and cannot get connection anymore.

What's happend and how to resolve it?

Thanks!

Options
6 Reply
Re:Home Shield Pro cannot cut down the internet connection when the the avaliable time is expired
2023-10-16 07:29:41

@SkyHsu 

Hi, thank you very much for posting on TP-Link Community.

Please confirm below details:

If your son's device is a smartphone, please confirm if it enabled VPN software

If your son's device is a computer, please open the browser and go to settings->Privacy, search, and services->Use secure DNS to specify how to lookup the network address for websites to turn off secure DNS feature.

If the problem still exists, please share with us screenshots of your parental control settings for you son, are you using contents restrictions, bed time or time limits etc.?

And does the issue only happen with your son's device?

Options
Re:Home Shield Pro cannot cut down the internet connection when the the avaliable time is expired
2023-10-16 15:12:34

@Sunshine 

My son's device is Windows 11 PC.

I checked his browser settings and confirmed the secure DNS is disabled.

I didn't control other devices. So, I don't know if it is only happend on the particular device.

Attached are the settings of APP.

Options
2023-10-17 01:37:27

@SkyHsu 

Hi, based on your screenshots, the Allowed Time in Time Limits are all 0 hours, is it just for testing purpose?

Usually you only configured bedtime and offtime? Do you mean your son's PC still have full internet access during the bed time?

Please also make sure the router system time is correct, you could login the web interface of the router, go to Advanced -> System -> Time & Language page to check the system time.

After that, if the issue still cannot be located or solved, I will forward your case to our senior engineer via email.

Options
2023-10-17 07:02:27

@Sunshine 

I configure the allowed time as 0 because I wanted to block the internet until I adjust it.

For example, he done a job and I used adjust time to increase 1 hour.

However, I did it but the internet cannot be disconnected after 1 hour.

I always kept the bedtime and offtime settings like the snapshot.

I found his on-going game can keep playing but once he log-out the game, he cannot connect again.

I confirmed the time of router is correct.

Thanks!

Options
2023-10-18 07:29:05

SkyHsu wrote

@Sunshine 

I configure the allowed time as 0 because I wanted to block the internet until I adjust it.

For example, he done a job and I used adjust time to increase 1 hour.

However, I did it but the internet cannot be disconnected after 1 hour.

I always kept the bedtime and offtime settings like the snapshot.

I found his on-going game can keep playing but once he log-out the game, he cannot connect again.

I confirmed the time of router is correct.

Thanks!

@SkyHsu 

Hi, thank you very much for bringing this to our attention.

Currently the ongoing connections will not be interrupted due to the parental control but new connection will be blocked, we have reported it to our senior engineers to optimize this feature.

Options
2023-10-19 05:58:28

@Sunshine 

Thanks for your help!

Eager for getting update! 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 440

Replies: 6

Related Articles