NAT not working when added to controller management from stand alone

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-16 16:23:36 - last edited 2023-10-19 14:40:33
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.30

I moved my ER605 from stand alone mode to controller management and applied the NAT rules again and both ports show closed 80 and 443. I checked them on portchecker.com and shields up which noted they were closed and not stealth like all of the other ports checked.

The NAT rules were written to the same IP address and ports in stand alone mode worked fine. Is there some other setting that is over riding this as I have just made the most basic changes to the firewall rules.

Options
7 Reply
Re:NAT not working when added to controller management from stand alone
2023-10-17 02:34:37

@dodgeman It works in standalone mode, and theoretically in Controller mode. Did you set the source Port and destination Port in controller mode the same as in standalone mode? I do not understand which firewall Settings can be changed to prevent NAT failure. Can you disable the firewall to make NAT work properly?

Options
2023-10-17 03:11:20

@dodgeman 

after the success of adoption, you can consider rebooting it. this will reboot the kernel as well. 

ScReW yOu gUyS. I aM GOinG hoMe. —————————————————————— For heaven's sake, can you write and describe your issue based on plain fact, common logic and a methodologic approach? Appreciate it.
Options
2023-10-18 22:20:02

@Tedd404 

After its joined you need to add the NAT again and that is when the NAt does not work.  I have rebooted the router and no change

Options
2023-10-19 09:32:08 - last edited 2023-10-19 14:40:33

@dodgeman 

there is an issue if you use it in controller mode, 80 443 will be used for the controller update. only when you in standalone, you can use 80 and 443. 

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/3281/

I believe it works if you change it to a different one

ScReW yOu gUyS. I aM GOinG hoMe. —————————————————————— For heaven's sake, can you write and describe your issue based on plain fact, common logic and a methodologic approach? Appreciate it.
Options
2023-10-19 14:18:35 - last edited 2023-10-19 14:43:18

@Tedd404 

Thanks I've been looking for that, I figured it was the cause and the solution would be to adjust the ports used. Well reading that I cannot change the mgt ports on the router after the move to controller management. I've even checked the omada.properties folder on the controller to see if there is a way.

I do not understand since I modified it on the router in stand alone mode prior. I moved 80 to 8080 and 443 to 8443, now I cannot unless I am missing something.

Options
2023-10-20 01:30:05

@dodgeman 

because when you make an adoption, your config will be erased first (equal a reset) and then adopted.

so what you made, the port changes mean nothing to the controller.

i think there is no way to bypass this until a fix is released. 

Options
2023-10-20 02:15:07

@dodgeman 

none of your settings in standalone would be applied to the router mode. 

that's why it's useless even you have set it in standalone. and you still access the router by 80 and 443

Options