Deco poor signal with Main Unit

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-26 08:54:43
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.7.3

For the past week or so one of my Deco's has been getting a poor connection to the main Deco.

The Deco location haven't changed and the network has been in place for 2 years.

I've tried rebooting the whole network and also the Deco having the issue but still have the same issue.

Is there anything else I can try to rectify the issue?

Thanks

Jon

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco poor signal with Main Unit
2023-10-26 12:33:58

@Jonchill 

It is possible that some sort of WiFi signal interference had been introduced, such as new microwave, fridge or cordless phone. Also that interference might have been coming from your neighbours. 

The only solutions are to move that Satellite Deco closer to Main Deco or use Connection Preference feature to configure that Satellite Deco to connect to other Deco with stronger WiFi signal between them. Connection Preference: Customize Your Preferred Signal Source

You can also check for unlikely case that Satellite Deco got hardware issue. Swap it with another Satellite Deco and if that new Satellite Deco also shows weak signal it that location, what you have is unlikely Deco hardware issue.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 172

Replies: 1

Related Articles