ER7212PC VPN logs

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

ER7212PC VPN logs

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
ER7212PC VPN logs
ER7212PC VPN logs
2023-10-26 16:18:29 - last edited 2023-10-31 08:23:08
Model: ER7212PC  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

I successfully created VNP connections using the ER7212PC however the VPN logs give very little information to investigate why a IPSEC VPN is not working. On the device I'm working on there is no indication which phase is failing; only that I had access to the vpn device at the other end could I identify this.

Also there is no indication on the web gui that the VPN IPSEC tunnel is up and running. 

Am I missing something here?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:ER7212PC VPN logs-Solution
2023-10-27 05:46:13 - last edited 2023-10-31 08:23:08

Hi @User71 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

One of the ways to get more detailed logs would be using the System Log function.

There is no detailed VPN log in the native system.

If you want to learn about the WAN connection and its VPN connection, you can use Wireshark to do that.

How to capture packets using Wireshark on SMB router or switch

How to Use Port Mirror to Capture Packets in the Controller

After you create the VPN entry, that'll try to connect to the other end. If you want to view the status of the connection, go to Insight and view the status there.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:ER7212PC VPN logs-Solution
2023-10-27 05:46:13 - last edited 2023-10-31 08:23:08

Hi @User71 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

One of the ways to get more detailed logs would be using the System Log function.

There is no detailed VPN log in the native system.

If you want to learn about the WAN connection and its VPN connection, you can use Wireshark to do that.

How to capture packets using Wireshark on SMB router or switch

How to Use Port Mirror to Capture Packets in the Controller

After you create the VPN entry, that'll try to connect to the other end. If you want to view the status of the connection, go to Insight and view the status there.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 179

Replies: 1

Related Articles