Modems

Modems

Modems
Modems
2023-10-26 17:54:15
Model: Archer AX73  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Stupidly, I bought an AX5400 router not realising that it needed a modem - it was not mentioned in the ad.

Now finding that sourcing an appropriate modem is not straightforward.

Any suggestions.

Thanks

Options
3 Reply
Re:Modems
2023-10-26 22:21:04

@Chrysippo 

The choice of a DSL modem router depends on your ISP service type - here's a list of models that you can choose from.

There are some filters on the left side of the page, which you could apply to narrow down the right choice.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2023-10-27 18:34:05

@terziyski 

Hello

I am grateful for your response.

However, I note that the list comprises modem/routers only. Any would render my current purchase superfluous. And in the instance of the ones offering 2.4 and 5 GHz would double up my outlay - yes, 4 SSIDs would be available but are not really needed.

Are their any sub £100 modems available that are compatible?

Thank you for this.

Options
2023-10-28 10:08:02

@Chrysippo 

I understand your point but I doubt that you'll find TP-Link pure modem in a retail store (like TD-8616).

Any device under £100 would do the job since modem/routers can be configured in bridge mode as a pure modem with its Wi-Fi disabled.

Moreover usually the ISPs provide modem to their customers for free.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 229

Replies: 3

Related Articles