TP-LINK DECO compatibility

2023-10-29 09:37:13 - last edited 2023-10-30 06:15:18
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.5.8

I have 3 Deco M4 but I'm still have issue to reaches all place in my apartment...

Can I buy a new model and use with old one ? 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:TP-LINK DECO compatibility -Solution
2023-10-29 12:18:30 - last edited 2023-10-30 06:15:18

@jonnyhk 

You can buy more Deco units and add to your Deco mesh. In theory, any model of Deco can be added to existent Deco mesh, but in real life it makes sense to add most compatible models.

If you are OK with M4 performance and only need additional units for better WiFi coverage, I would suggest to choose additional models from the following: M4, M5 and E4.

Deco E4 is very similar to M4, but E4 has 100Mbps Ethernet ports (M4 has gigabit Ethernet). Because of that, E4 is often on sale and could be the most budget friendly addition to your Deco mesh. As long as you plan new Deco units connect to the rest of mesh wirelessly, E4 is a good choice for both price/performance.

For Main Deco and Satellite Deco that are hardwired, choose from M4 and M5. 

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:TP-LINK DECO compatibility -Solution
2023-10-29 12:18:30 - last edited 2023-10-30 06:15:18

@jonnyhk 

You can buy more Deco units and add to your Deco mesh. In theory, any model of Deco can be added to existent Deco mesh, but in real life it makes sense to add most compatible models.

If you are OK with M4 performance and only need additional units for better WiFi coverage, I would suggest to choose additional models from the following: M4, M5 and E4.

Deco E4 is very similar to M4, but E4 has 100Mbps Ethernet ports (M4 has gigabit Ethernet). Because of that, E4 is often on sale and could be the most budget friendly addition to your Deco mesh. As long as you plan new Deco units connect to the rest of mesh wirelessly, E4 is a good choice for both price/performance.

For Main Deco and Satellite Deco that are hardwired, choose from M4 and M5. 

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 372

Replies: 1

Related Articles