EAP653/655-WALL/615-WALL: Devices frequently getting "sign in to this network" issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

EAP653/655-WALL/615-WALL: Devices frequently getting "sign in to this network" issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-30 16:56:25
Model: EAP655-Wall  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.2

I have 2 EAP653s, 1 EAP655-WALL and 1 EAP615-WALL throughout my building.

A number of devices (mainly Samsung phones) have been seeing the following behaviour:

1. Seeming to be connected to the WiFi, but connectivity obviously broken until the user disconnects and then reconnects
  2. The device prompting the user to sign into the WiFi, even though access is through WPA2 password. When the blank log-in screen comes up, clicking "Use network as-is" reinstates connectivity, but not for long
  3. The EAP655-WALL firmware was upgraded a few days ago, and the problem seems to have got worse since then, but it was present before too.

I have 3 SSIDs - two are VLAN tagged, but the problematic one just goes into the native VLAN.

Is there any way of turning on advanced debugging to see what's going on?

Options
8 Reply
Re:EAP653/655-WALL/615-WALL: Devices frequently getting "sign in to this network" issue
2023-10-30 17:03:36
for me im facing same problem , i have 10 EAP655 and after the update 1.2.2 all wifi device not respond or reconnect i rollback to the custom firmware and work great now
Options
Re:EAP653/655-WALL/615-WALL: Devices frequently getting "sign in to this network" issue
2023-10-31 09:29:15

Hello @Bawjaws,

Bawjaws wrote

1. The device prompting the user to sign into the WiFi, even though access is through WPA2 password. When the blank log-in screen comes up, clicking "Use network as-is" reinstates connectivity, but not for long

Could you please share a screenshot of this issue with us?

The EAP655-WALL firmware was upgraded a few days ago, and the problem seems to have got worse since then, but it was present before too.

May I know what the specific previous firmware version of the EAP655-Wall?

Have you tried with the Beta firmware EAP655-WALL_V1_1.2.0_Build 20230717 (Beta) ?

What is the version of your controller?

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2023-10-31 09:32:10

Hello @AMG_55

May I know the version of your controller?

Which version did you rollback for the EAP655-Wall?

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2023-10-31 18:44:42

@Hank21

Could you please share a screenshot of this issue with us?

Yes, next time it happens I'll try to screenshot it. One thing I've seen today that I've never seen before (in around 18 months of using TP-Link Omada APs and switches) is 3 association failures:

May I know what the specific previous firmware version of the EAP655-Wall?

Have you tried with the Beta firmware EAP655-WALL_V1_1.2.0_Build 20230717 (Beta) ?

What is the version of your controller?

The previous firmware version was the firmware that came preinstalled. I think it was 1.0.0. Unfortunately the Logs don't tell me what it was upgraded from :-( I can't see any firmware options on the UK TP-Link site to download older firmware images.

I guess I'll need to try the beta build!

Options
2023-10-31 18:46:04
Forgot to say - the controller version is 5.12.7
Options
2023-11-01 01:19:56

Hello @Bawjaws,

To better assist you, I've created a support ticket via your registered email address, and escalated it to our support engineer to look into the issue. The ticket ID is TKID231100767, please check your email box and ensure the support email is well received. Thanks!

Once the issue is addressed or resolved, welcome to update this topic thread with your solution to help others who may encounter the same issue as you did.

Many thanks for your great cooperation and patience!

Options
2023-11-01 01:25:09

Hi @AMG_55

To better assist you, I've created a support ticket via your registered email address, and escalated it to our support engineer to look into the issue. The ticket ID is TKID231100774, please check your email box and ensure the support email is well received. Thanks!

Once the issue is addressed or resolved, welcome to update this topic thread with your solution to help others who may encounter the same issue as you did.

Many thanks for your great cooperation and patience!

Options
2024-01-12 08:23:43

Hi All,

If your concern is resolved, I'd encourage you to give feedback to the community so others can be confident of the solution.

Additional, a newer 5.13.30.4 Beta firmware of Controller has been released, please follow the post link below for details.

Omada SDN Controller_V5.13.30.4 Pre-release (Released on Jan 8th, 2024)

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 772

Replies: 8

Related Articles