Archer AX10 v1.20 - Completely unusable 2.4ghz

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-31 04:12:42 - last edited 2023-10-31 04:40:38
Model: Archer AX10  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.9 Build 20230728 Rel. 45716(4341)

I just purchased this router to replace a D-Link that died after multiple power outages.

5ghz works perfectly fine.

However 2.4ghz is absolutely unusable. Connection loses packets and drops out cyclically, constantly every 10 to 15 seconds on any 2.4ghz device no matter the channel, 20 / 40 or 20+40mhz, B/G/N, QOS, WPS, WMM, Smart Connect or EasyMesh setting combination. I tried everything.

I absolutely need functional 2.4ghz as It wreaks havoc on my IOT devices and switches that only support 2.4ghz. Further more i develop apps for micro-controllers (which are all 2.4ghz) and this makes it impossible for me to work as it causes freezes and drop-outs and generally is just extremely frustrating.

This looks like radio issue either at the firmware or hardware level.

Moreover the web UI is buggy and ignores my preferences, such as constantly redirecting to a "Are you trying to set up your router?" page instead of the login. It's already set up and this is an annoyance, especially when trying to debug issues. After login It also consistently begs me to link my TP-Link ID even though i keep saying "No, Don't Ask Again" every time. I won't enter it, so stop asking.

Please provide a solution as otherwise i will return the device or ask for reimbursement.

Examples of the typical garbage connection stability i have - all tests done sitting 2 feet from the router, testing different settings. There are no visible errors in the system log.

Pinging the router:

Options
3 Reply
Re:Archer AX10 v1.20 - Completely unusable 2.4ghz
2023-11-01 08:22:46

@Akinetopsia 

Hi, thank you very much for posting on TP-Link Community.

1. May I know how many client devices are usually connected to the router? and what are they?

2. Did you try to use WiFi analyzer etc. to scan 2.4G WiFi networks nearby to see if there is too much wireless interference?

3. Previously when you use D-Link router, 2.4G works stable, right?

4. Based on the screenshot, your speedtest results varies from 3Mbps to 41Mbps, may I know the bandwidth you paid for? and the ping test was to LAN IP address of the router, right?

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-11-01 14:45:30 - last edited 2023-11-01 15:09:09

@Sunshine 

> 1. May I know how many client devices are usually connected to the router? and what are they?

on the 2.4ghz i normally have 4 devices permanently on, and another 3-4 per use. IOT smart switches, ESP32 sensors / raspberry pis and mini pcs.

> 2. Did you try to use WiFi analyzer etc. to scan 2.4G WiFi networks nearby to see if there is too much wireless interference?

Yes. I live in the city so there is inevitably other networks around. I checked with a wifi analyzer and there were two unused gaps which i tried at 20mhz and 40mhz, same result.

> 3. Previously when you use D-Link router, 2.4G works stable, right?

Yes.

> 4. Based on the screenshot, your speedtest results varies from 3Mbps to 41Mbps, [...]  and the ping test was to LAN IP address of the router, right?

Yes. It is a screenshot of a 2.4ghz device pinging the router, while sitting in front of the router. Not that it changes much being an internal network, I obfuscated the ips out of habit when posting stuff to the internet. I'd say the speed at the dips in that graph was probably more like 0mbits/s. Attempting to run a remote desktop session on 2.4ghz is impossible.

Using another TPlink Nano WR802N i own hooked to a port on the router as an alternative 2.4ghz access point i get a usable connection with a min of 26mbps and a max of 206mbps. However this is not an acceptable workaround.

> may I know the bandwidth you paid for?
I have a 400mbit connection.

Options
2023-11-02 01:16:25

@Akinetopsia 

Hi, 

To assist you efficiently, I've forwarded your case to the TP-Link support engineers who will contact you with your registered email address later.

Please pay attention to your email box for follow-up.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 304

Replies: 3

Related Articles