No Internet in Access Point Mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-11-01 09:41:32
Model: Deco X50  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.0

Hello,

I have a Deco X50 Mesh set with 4 units and a ZTE MC888 Router.

The Internet is working as long as I´m in Router Mode.

As soon as I switch from Router Mode to Access Point Mode, I lose the complete Internet Connection.

The Main X50 is direct connected via LAN to the Router - I already swapped the cables.

My main issue is, that I have no response to my Apple Homekit devices via HomeMatic/RaspberryMatic CCU3.

With my "old" Mesh System everything is working fine.

I hope someone can help me.

Thanks

Michael

Options
4 Reply
Re:No Internet in Access Point Mode
2023-11-01 11:24:33

@MeMi If you are using the ZTE router as a modem for the Deco mesh did you remember to set it in modem only mode? If so then why not connect the Deco system in router mode? Or are you still using the ZTE wifi system as well?

XE75 V1.0 3-pack / Wired backhaul / Router mode / UK
Options
2023-11-01 12:39:48

@Wrayman thanks for your quick response.

No, I don´t use the wifi system from my ZTE, it´s just in modem mode.

The Deco is in Router Mode and I have no response from my Apple Homekit devices.

So I thought, switch the Deco from Router to Accsess point mode will solve my problem.

Options
2023-11-01 13:04:30

@MeMi I can't say why your homekit devices aren't connecting but my understanding is that you'll need to set at least one device up in router mode otherwise you'll have no DHCP server in place, so none of the devices will be assigned IP addresses which would explain why you have no internet connection in AP mode. I assume the homekit devices connect through some sort of hub so maybe try setting the Deco mesh up in router mode to get the internet back on and check to make sure that the IP of the homekit devices falls within the start and end range of the Deco DHCP server. You'll find this under the Advanced > DHCP Server settings in the Deco app. I'm not sure where you can check the IP on your homekit devices though, sorry!

XE75 V1.0 3-pack / Wired backhaul / Router mode / UK
Options
2023-11-01 16:21:24

@Wrayman I checked the range settings of the Deco DHCP server and it is in the correct range setting.

I will contact the Homematic technican, maybe he knows a solution for that.

I will also try to reinstall the Deco in accsess point mode.

Thanks for your help.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 729

Replies: 4

Related Articles