Eap110 outdoor resetting to factory defaults repeatedly

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-11-03 07:33:20
Model: EAP110-Outdoor  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 5.0.7 Build 20230410 Rel. 69645(4555)

This TP-link Outdoor access point is one month old and it's reset itself back to factory settings four times. I've just now set it up again and it did the same two days ago. (It was off for a week and I didn't notice).

The unit is on a timber beam two metres off the ground (pic).

It's powered with the charger supplied via a continuous all new outdoor spec Ethernet cable 

Although the UK weather just now is generally wet the unit benefits from the protection of a roof overhang. 

I wouldn't say that the mains power supply is in anyway remarkable or flakey. There are other devices eg an Ethernet switch, a Hue hub and my Mac running off the same Ethernet and mains cables. 

I have just now replaced an older ethernet cable and if you don't hear from me that was the problem.  

The TPlink EAP110 outdoor needs to reach a security camera 100m away. That much it does. I'm posting this in the hope of finding the collective knowledge.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Eap110 outdoor resetting to factory defaults repeatedly
2023-11-03 13:02:46
The 110 supplied power injector has the unique feautre of a reset button. This means there is a way to default the device remotely via just the cable. If you are sure your crimps are perfect, try replacing the 24V passive POEinjector with a 3rd party unit. My first attempt would be to carefully recrimp both ends of cable feeding the AP though, as that us cheaper.
<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options
Re:Eap110 outdoor resetting to factory defaults repeatedly
2023-11-17 07:47:55

Hello @rgrf,

Hope you are doing well.

Was your concern resolved on your own finally?

We are looking forward to hearing from you again.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 353

Replies: 2

Related Articles