X60 vs X55 as Main Deco

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

X60 vs X55 as Main Deco

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
X60 vs X55 as Main Deco
X60 vs X55 as Main Deco
2023-11-06 17:08:27 - last edited 2023-11-13 09:20:30
Model: Deco X60   Deco X55  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.2

I currently have one X60 (V2) as my main device and three additional X55's in my network.  The official documentation suggests this is the correct setup with the X60 taking precedance over the X55s as the main device (I assume due to the better hardware).

However, I am wondering if there is any benefit to making one of the X55s the main device due to the continued support and new features coming to these models and not to the V2 X60.  I know there is the homecare vs homeshield debate, but would it be worth it for extra features such as whitelisting and Matter etc?  Would there be any performance degredation or any other downsides of using the X55 as main?  Or any other advice on this would be appreciated.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:X60 vs X55 as Main Deco-Solution
2023-11-06 20:43:20 - last edited 2023-11-13 09:20:30

@Symphonic 

Check this document TP-Link Support compiled, with the table of different features for different firmware versions: Understand the Differences Among Deco Firmware Platforms

Your X60 is firmware 1.5, I believe. It is the first line in that table. X55 is 1.3, which is the last line in that table. Everything in that table after first line is features not available in your Deco mesh because you have X60 and it is Main Deco. As long as you are not missing (not needing) features that X55 can provide, there is no need to change anything.

Mind you, for some of the features to appear in your Deco mesh and Deco app, it may be enough to promote X55 to Main Deco. For other features, to have them you will have to remove (delete) X60 from your Deco mesh.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:X60 vs X55 as Main Deco-Solution
2023-11-06 20:43:20 - last edited 2023-11-13 09:20:30

@Symphonic 

Check this document TP-Link Support compiled, with the table of different features for different firmware versions: Understand the Differences Among Deco Firmware Platforms

Your X60 is firmware 1.5, I believe. It is the first line in that table. X55 is 1.3, which is the last line in that table. Everything in that table after first line is features not available in your Deco mesh because you have X60 and it is Main Deco. As long as you are not missing (not needing) features that X55 can provide, there is no need to change anything.

Mind you, for some of the features to appear in your Deco mesh and Deco app, it may be enough to promote X55 to Main Deco. For other features, to have them you will have to remove (delete) X60 from your Deco mesh.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1827

Replies: 1

Related Articles