VPN not allowing Internet access

2023-11-07 10:17:52 - last edited 2023-11-23 09:30:22
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 5.12.7

Hi All

I have a Cloud Controller and have had it running for well over a year now and have been very happy with the solution.  

Recently however, I have noticed that VPN services are not allowing internet access to VPN clients and I'm sure they were previously.  It's possible this has coincided with a particular controller upgrade and I didn't previously notice.  This happens on multiple sites with multiple ER605 routers.  

Access across the LAN is possible where configured but no WAN breakout.

Is this a firmware issue or is there a config setting which has been introduced that i may have missed?

Thanks

Jonny

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:VPN not allowing Internet access-Solution
2023-11-16 02:12:45 - last edited 2023-11-23 09:30:22

Hello @JonnyOR,

Please make sure the firmware version of your ER605 v2 is the latest firmware ER605(UN)_V2_2.2.2 Build 20231017, there are some VPN-related issues fixed during the firmware iteration.

And also keep the controller running the latest firmware, you may subscribe this post for updates.

Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here - Subscribe for Updates

Get the Latest Firmware Releases for Omada Routers Here - Subscribe for Updates

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:VPN not allowing Internet access
2023-11-08 06:39:41 - last edited 2023-11-08 06:40:26

Hello @JonnyOR,

Thanks for reporting this issue to TP-Link Business community!

May I know the firmware version of ER605s? Which kind of the VPN did you set on the controller?

Can you confirm whether this issue start to happen after the firmware upgrades? Of which devices' firmware upgrades? From which version?

What are the VPN Clients?

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
Re:VPN not allowing Internet access
2023-11-15 13:18:19

Hi  @Hank21 

It is happening on version 2.1.2, 2.0.0, 2.0.1.

The VPN was set to PPTP.

The issue has only started in the last 6 months or so, I'm sure sure of the exact time however I have upgraded the controller in that time as well so it's possible that it is related.

The VPN clients are Windows PCs.

If you need any more info, please let me know.

Thanks

Jonny

Options
Re:VPN not allowing Internet access-Solution
2023-11-16 02:12:45 - last edited 2023-11-23 09:30:22

Hello @JonnyOR,

Please make sure the firmware version of your ER605 v2 is the latest firmware ER605(UN)_V2_2.2.2 Build 20231017, there are some VPN-related issues fixed during the firmware iteration.

And also keep the controller running the latest firmware, you may subscribe this post for updates.

Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here - Subscribe for Updates

Get the Latest Firmware Releases for Omada Routers Here - Subscribe for Updates

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 186

Replies: 3

Related Articles