Problem transmitting wifi through concrete floor.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-11-07 20:47:45
Model: Deco X50-5G  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have an x50-5g at my cabin in addition to two X50 nodes. It fails to transmit the signal through the concrete floor into the basement. Would it be possible to either wire the two nodes and use wifi between the 5g gateway and the node on the same floor or would they all need to be wired? Perhaps it would be better with two P9 nodes and trust that they could communicate by the power socket instead? 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Problem transmitting wifi through concrete floor.
2023-11-07 20:58:35 - last edited 2023-11-07 21:07:40

@Misha12 

You can wire just the two Satellite nodes. The one that can get the signal from Main Deco will connect to Main Deco by WiFi. That setup is discussed here: General questions about Ethernet Backhaul feature on your Deco under "Q4: To use the Ethernet Backhaul feature, do I need to wire all my Deco units together?"

I strongly do not recommend adding P9s to your Deco mesh. If you want to use powerline link, buy a pair of TP-Link powerline adapters, make them establish link to each other. Then, connect Satellite X50s to powerline adapters.

Alternatively, buy a pair of Deco PX50.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 351

Replies: 1

Related Articles