Can't erase provider data

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-11-09 00:24:57
Model: Archer AX1800  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

My provider data has changed, and I need to update PPoE user and password. 

I've updated it, reset it, factory reset it several times, and while it looks OK on the router it doesn't connect to the new provider and keeps connecting to the old details (according to the internet provider tracking) 

They don't have the option to reset the router obviously, and no matter what I do it keeps connect to the old provider, how can I force delete it??? 

Options
5 Reply
Re:Can't erase provider data
2023-11-09 05:04:29

@Ttthdhdh 

If your router has been provided by your old ISP (i.e with customized FW) that could be the reason for this behavior.

If it's not, resetting the router to its factory defaults should wipe out any previously configured settings.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2023-11-09 05:11:54

@terziyski 

Thanks for your answer! 

The router wasn't provided, I bought it privately from a store. 

I'm writing this post since I have done factory reset, but it's NOT removing the old data and the company can't connect me due to that. 

Any other way to force the router to not being able to connect to the "old" data? 

Options
2023-11-09 05:20:45 - last edited 2023-11-09 14:41:27

@Ttthdhdh 

You can either reset the router to its factory defaults or change the related settings according your new ISP, then save them.

How to reset the AX1800 - "Press and hold the reset button for about 6 seconds until the Power LED blinks to reset the router to its factory default settings."

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2023-11-09 05:23:01

@terziyski 

Tried both. 

I've saved the new details, but it's still connecting to the old ones (according to the the internet provider) 

I've factory reset it several times with the new details and it's still connecting to the old data somehow. 

That's why I'm looking for a different solution 

Options
2023-11-09 08:02:21

@Ttthdhdh 

Hi, may I know who your current ISP is? and except for the PPPoE username and password, does the ISP also require to configure VLAN ID to connect the internet?

Besides, the Archer AX1800 router is connected to your ISP modem, or connect to an Ethernet port on the wall?

Anyway, please bypass the AX1800 router, connect a computer to the ISP modem/Ethernet port on the wall with the same cable, then check if the computer could get internet access from it directly. Since your ISP requires PPPoE username and password, you could refer to this guide to configure PPPoE on your computer:

How to set up a PPPoE connection on Windows 8&10 

How to configure PPPoE connection on Mac pro

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options