Limit download and upload speed for client or ssid?

2023-11-15 10:37:44 - last edited 2023-11-16 02:02:13
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.2.0

Hi, i want to limit the rate for download and upload. Entering the controller i've found two options: rate limit by client and rate limit by ssid.

Which is better? which have less impact on performance of controller?

thanks

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Limit download and upload speed for client or ssid?-Solution
2023-11-16 02:01:22 - last edited 2023-11-16 02:02:13

Hi @bnghstudio80 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

bnghstudio80 wrote

Hi, i want to limit the rate for download and upload. Entering the controller i've found two options: rate limit by client and rate limit by ssid.

thanks

Limit the speed to the client, that would only be effective for this client.

Or you limit this speed to the SSID so this WIFI whoever connects to will be limited to the speed cap you've set.

That's the main difference. One is overall speed to the WIFI, one is the specific speed limit.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Limit download and upload speed for client or ssid?-Solution
2023-11-16 02:01:22 - last edited 2023-11-16 02:02:13

Hi @bnghstudio80 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

bnghstudio80 wrote

thanks

Limit the speed to the client, that would only be effective for this client.

Or you limit this speed to the SSID so this WIFI whoever connects to will be limited to the speed cap you've set.

That's the main difference. One is overall speed to the WIFI, one is the specific speed limit.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 126

Replies: 1

Related Articles