Archer AX72 - Bandwidth Control

2023-11-16 05:18:57 - last edited 2023-11-17 06:56:31
Tags: #Bandwidth Control
Model: Archer AX72  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.2 Build 20230927 rel.58345(5553)

Hello, I just bought the Archer AX72 router today, after searching through all the options inside for hours, I couldn't find a Bandwidth Control option, there is a QoS setting but this doesn't help me to limit the bandwidth of any device connected to my router. Is really this feature missing on this router?, my old 20$ TP Link router have it why this Gigabit new hardware version wouldn't?. I would appreciate any help on this matter, since I bought this router assuming QoS had this feature included.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Archer AX72 - Bandwidth Control-Solution
2023-11-16 18:48:35 - last edited 2023-11-17 06:56:31

@Jose7952 

I have ax72 amd mine has the option to control device bandwidth. 

Open the tether app and wait for the client list to load the devices. 

Open the client page list

Select the client/device 

Scroll downwards and you should see speed 

Click on that and it should bring up the options to restrict or allow more bandwidth for that device. 

Bare in mind that all devices have different connection speeds. 

Ie. Some lan ports on devices are 10/100 like tvs , laptops, pcs ,amazon cube, cctv cameras and some have 1gb lan ports. 

Some wireless devices have a lower wireless max speed like 400mb where as some devices are much greater in case your wondering why you are or are not getting full speeds you can log into your Web gui page and I beleive it shows you on most wireless devices the max  connection speed on that device. 

Hope this may of helped you 👍🏻

Recommended Solution
Options
6 Reply
Re:Archer AX72 - Bandwidth Control-Solution
2023-11-16 18:48:35 - last edited 2023-11-17 06:56:31

@Jose7952 

I have ax72 amd mine has the option to control device bandwidth. 

Open the tether app and wait for the client list to load the devices. 

Open the client page list

Select the client/device 

Scroll downwards and you should see speed 

Click on that and it should bring up the options to restrict or allow more bandwidth for that device. 

Bare in mind that all devices have different connection speeds. 

Ie. Some lan ports on devices are 10/100 like tvs , laptops, pcs ,amazon cube, cctv cameras and some have 1gb lan ports. 

Some wireless devices have a lower wireless max speed like 400mb where as some devices are much greater in case your wondering why you are or are not getting full speeds you can log into your Web gui page and I beleive it shows you on most wireless devices the max  connection speed on that device. 

Hope this may of helped you 👍🏻

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Archer AX72 - Bandwidth Control
2023-11-17 02:29:16 - last edited 2023-11-17 02:31:20

@Basboi85 Hello!, thank you for message, I just checked and you are right, there's an individual "speed limit" setting for each client connected to the router, this partially helps. 

On the other hand, It lacks of more advanced settings the real Bandwidth Control function has, with that one I could simply bind all my devices to a static IP and just add a Bandwidth Control rule with a certain amount of download / upload speed for the other IPs that are not in that range, that way any new devices would connect to a limited speed IP pool and I don't have to manage this manually everytime I share my WiFi network, this also applied to guest networks, so it's a function the router should definitely have.

Due to the reasons explained above my question is still open to moderators and developers. AX72 router should have the original "Bandwidth Control" feature, the current high priority QoS setting is useless for people with average internet speed under 50Mbps, let us manage our bandwidth the way it used to be.

Options
2023-11-17 06:53:55

@Jose7952 

Thanks for Basboi85's help with the speed limit feature.

Currently new routers like AX72 etc. doesn't have bandwidth control any more, and due to the need to limit client device speed, we've added the speed limit feature on some of our routers, but if it is not exactly the same as previous bandwidth control.

Here is the guide for both cases: How to use bandwidth control or Speed Limit on TP-Link Wi-Fi Routers?

We will record your suggestion and forward to development team to see if it is possible to optimize the current speed limit feature.

Options
2023-12-06 09:12:10 - last edited 2023-12-06 09:12:29

@Sunshine for what models the speed limit feature are included ? It's very difficult to find this information on website.

These feature is important at minimun on guest network feature. Thanks.

Options
2024-02-04 13:12:11

@Sunshine I hope bandwidth control will be available in archer ax72. Let your users control their bandwidth!

Options
2024-02-04 15:15:23

@azayuri18 

It is on the Ax72/tether app and does work for me 

Speed limit off 

Speed limit on 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 577

Replies: 6