new installation: Ethernet speed 1/2 of speed without router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-11-16 05:50:30
Model: Archer C80  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: Firmware Version: 1.12.10 Build 230208 Rel.38553n(4341)

Using only my ISP modem I have ethernet speed 900+.

With this router I get only half that.

Is this a configuration issue or is that the limit. It is labelled as Gigabit so I assumed it would be equal to my modem.

Options
1 Reply
Re:new installation: Ethernet speed 1/2 of speed without router
2023-11-17 07:03:48

@buzzwallard 

Hi, is your router hardware version V2.2? Please download the latest firmware Archer C80(EU)_V2.20_1.13.2 Build 230824 from our official website and update it to see if the wired speed will be better:

Firmware Download for Archer C80 V2.2

In addition, are you using the same computer and same Ethernet cable to test the speed? and who is your ISP please?

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options