How can i disable mesh for a device?

2023-11-17 07:28:12
Model: Deco PX50  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.2.1

Hi everyone, 

I have a home network that built with 9 Deco devices. Our main unit is PX50, and i also have 4 more PX50, 2xM9 Pro, 1 M5 and one M3W

I have a Ring wifi camera at the entrance door and my main DECO is also near of there, wifi signal is very strong.

Normally  my camera had connected the main DECO when i installed the main DECO but now there is a very strange situation. My camera seems connected the another DECO where is the upper floor with poor wifi signal. (It is an M9 Pro.) When I block / unblock the camera it is connecting again to nearest DECO with full signal but after a couple days it goes to the M9 again.

Earlier My main DECO also was an M9 Pro and everything was normal but after I changed the main DECO with PX50 this problem started.

On the other hand, i remember that i could disable MESH for a device via Deco App, but i can not find this in new App.

Any idea?

Thank you!

Options
5 Reply
Re:How can i disable mesh for a device?
2023-11-21 06:36:48 - last edited 2023-11-21 06:40:27

Actually i just want to know that where is the "Disable Mesh" option on the App? I cannot find it at the nev version of Deco App. Thanks

Edit : I wondered that "Mesh Technology" option still seems in  IOS version but not for Android, it's strange!

Options
2023-11-21 08:51:47

@HuseyinB If you go to the network map in your app and tap on the device that you want to disable mesh for, there should be a simple "Mesh Technology" toggle option for this

XE75 V1.0 3-pack / Wired backhaul / Router mode / UK
Options
2023-11-21 09:05:52

@Wrayman Thank you for reply.

Yes, I know, it should be but not in my Android App, unfortunately. (I tried paste a screen shot but it doesn't allowed by system)

I tried to install DECO with same credentials to an IOS App, i can see.

It's a bit strange

Options
2023-11-21 13:42:45 - last edited 2023-11-21 13:46:07

@HuseyinB 

Here is a suggestion: delete M3W from your Deco app and see if "Mesh Technology" toggle appears. To delete M3W, find Reset a Deco unit and use Method 1 from the following document: How can I reset or reboot my Deco Whole-Home Wi-Fi System?

M3W is really old and might not have "Mesh Technology" toggle functionality. If one Deco unit does not have specific feature, Deco mesh will not offer that feature. Delete feature-less unit from Deco mesh and feature will appear, because remaining Deco units support it.

Options
2023-11-23 07:12:33

Dear   @Alexandre. Thank you for your suggestion.

I cannot delete it because it is the most suitable device for its location and we need it.

On the other hand, I can disable mesh from an IOS device, but I cannot do this with the Android app. So I don't think this is related to M3W, because if M3W didn't support it, I wouldn't be able to do this with IOS either.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 393

Replies: 5

Related Articles