M5 Cant provide internet
M5 Cant provide internet
2023-11-18 21:27:13 - last edited 2023-11-20 06:30:14
Tags: #troubleshooting
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.7.3

Hello,

I encountered an issue this morning with my TP-Link Deco M5 system. When I woke up, the LED on the Deco M5 was red, indicating a lack of internet connectivity. I attempted several troubleshooting steps including restarting the device, power cycling (removing it from power and then reconnecting), and performing a factory reset. Unfortunately, none of these steps resolved the issue.

To further investigate, I connected the Ethernet cable (originally connected to the Deco M5) to a different router provided by my ISP. This router successfully established an internet connection, which led me to believe the issue might be specific to the Deco M5.

Interestingly, when I connected the Deco M5 to the ISP-provided router using a different Ethernet cable, the Deco M5 was able to access the internet. This was the case regardless of whether the Deco M5 was set to Wi-Fi Router mode or Access Point (AP) mode.

Additionally, I tested the Deco M5 with a different internet connection from another ISP in my home, and it worked fine with this setup too. It seems the only scenario in which the Deco M5 fails to establish an internet connection is when it's directly connected to the original ISP's via Ethernet.

This situation is puzzling, especially since I have been using the Deco M5 for over a year without issues. I am wondering if there have been any changes in my ISP's configuration that might prevent the use of third-party devices like the Deco M5 for network management. I have full control over the ISP-supplied router, so it's odd that the issue occurs exclusively with the Deco M5.

In this Image Im connecting my ISP modem to my m5 deco using the yellow cable, you can see it gives internet

In this photo Im  using my other ISP modem and using the same yellow cable to give it internet from it

and on this one Im using the white cable which is used to give my isp modem internet but connected to my m5, which ends up on not internet for it what so ever

Could you please assist me in resolving this issue? Any guidance or suggestions you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your help.

Best regards,

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:M5 Cant provide internet-Solution
2023-11-19 23:22:58 - last edited 2023-11-20 06:30:14
Confirmed with the ISP that is giving issues they said they made a "security" update which doesnt allow different devices to be used with their network so seems is not a problem of the device of any sort
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:M5 Cant provide internet-Solution
2023-11-19 23:22:58 - last edited 2023-11-20 06:30:14
Confirmed with the ISP that is giving issues they said they made a "security" update which doesnt allow different devices to be used with their network so seems is not a problem of the device of any sort
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 158

Replies: 1

Tags

troubleshooting
Related Articles