Suggest TP-Link Wi-Fi extender

2023-11-23 06:25:43 - last edited 2023-11-25 07:35:14
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.3.7 Build 20220613 rel.64828(4555)

Hi,

My home is two story building. My main router (Tp-Link Archer C6 V2)  located in upper floor. In lower floor I configured Tp-Link TL-WR850N as range extender and I cannot make this as access point as I have some limitations bringing the ethernet cable from main router to this one.  I used to get some WiFi network coverage in lower floor but not all the corners of this floor. Since my main router supports OneMesh, I wanted to buy one or more OneMesh supported WiFi extenders to increase the WiFi coverage in lower floor.   Please suggest OneMesh supported extender(s) for better coverage. My house is made with concrete walls and slabs and floor area is approximately 2000 SFT. 

My home office in upper floor and there is no issue in WiFi coverage and speed. In lower floor I wanted to have better coverage and at least 50-100 Mbps of internet speed. 

And also please suggest, configuring them as range extenders or OneMesh nodes which one is better for better coverage and speed. 

As of now I don't want to spend much amount on Whole-Home WiFi, please suggest me to extend my WiFi network that satisfies my requirement.

Thanks in advance.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Suggest TP-Link Wi-Fi extender -Solution
2023-11-25 07:35:08 - last edited 2023-11-25 07:35:14

@terziyski 

Thank you very much for your suggestion.

Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:Suggest TP-Link Wi-Fi extender
2023-11-23 07:37:41

@MadhuReddy 

A potential candidates could be routers like TL-WR841N (single band) or Archer C54 (dual band) which have a "RE mode".

You can start buying one of these (according to your needs) and connect it to your C6 and extend its wireless coverage further.

These both have an "AP mode" as well - in case you decide to route an ethernet cable to the lower floor (if not satisfied with the speed in RE mode).

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2023-11-25 06:19:45

@terziyski 

Thank you for your suggestion.

Yesterday I setup old router TL-WR840N as range extender in lower floor. Now WiFi range is better (10-15 mbps) in lower floor, but not good enough for my requirement. 

I need to try with  "Archer C54 (dual band)".

Since "Archer C54" doesn't support "OneMesh", considering "RE305 V4" is better option? 

For extending the range, adding the "OneMesh" supported devices instead of range extender does this really improves WiFi speed and/or range ? 

Options
2023-11-25 06:30:21

@MadhuReddy 

No, Onemesh will improve the seamless roaming, but not the range and speed. That's why I suggested a router in "RE mode" or even a router in "AP mode" as a better alternative.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
Re:Suggest TP-Link Wi-Fi extender -Solution
2023-11-25 07:35:08 - last edited 2023-11-25 07:35:14

@terziyski 

Thank you very much for your suggestion.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 442

Replies: 4

Related Articles