C5400X WIFI range

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

C5400X WIFI range

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
C5400X WIFI range
C5400X WIFI range
2023-11-24 16:13:17
Model: Archer C5400X  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: Archer C5400X(US)_V1.6_1.1.6 Build 20231010

My internet provider had an outage on Wednesday. After they resolved their issue my router's wifi range no longer extends beyond about 10 feet. I have tried rebooting and factory reset. I have upgraded firmware and downgraded firmwares and nothing has helped. I have used multiple devices on the 2.4 GHz and both 5Ghz channels and stilll no connection beyond the room with the physical router. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:C5400X WIFI range
2023-11-27 07:18:14

@Matthew93 

Hi, within the room, may I know if the wireless signal is strong or not? and please try changing wireless channel and channel width for both 2.4G and 5G WiFi to see if it makes any difference.

By the way, before the issue started, only ISP internet had an outage, no any power outage, right?

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 294

Replies: 1

Related Articles