Sim card is not working

Sim card is not working
Sim card is not working
2023-11-25 22:02:56
Model: M7450  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.6

Hello

I have a problem with my MiFi, it comes with a specific carrier and it is MTN, and when I insert an MTN sim card the router shows no service, I thought my router came with custom firmware so I have decided to download the latest firmware from the tp-link website and upgrade the device hoping this would solve the problem but when I chose the firmware and I click to update the update reach into 25% and message popup say that "the update file is not suitable for the current firmware".

Here are the screenshots

The device information

The status page

The device

Options
2 Reply
Re:Sim card is not working
2023-11-27 01:23:02

@MohammedAbbas 

Hi, it seems to be a customized device for MTN, which cannot update to common EU version firmware.

For the internet issue, it is recommended to try factory reset the device by holding reset hole for about 10s, if it still shows No Service, please make sure it is using MTN APN profile or check if you are able to create a new APN profile manually on Advanced->Dial-up->Dial-up Settings page.

If the problem still exists, it is recommended to contact MTN directly.

Options
Re:Sim card is not working
2023-11-30 22:44:18

@Sunshine Thanks for your answer. I just wonder if I could do something to make the MiFi work with all networks not specific one.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 256

Replies: 2

Related Articles