Archer AX72 WiFi download speed Issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-11-26 18:22:01
Model: Archer AX72  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.2 Build 20230927 rel.58345(5553)

Hi All,

I have recently upgraded to 400mbps plan and on the same day before upgrade this plan I updated the latest firmware, as it was showing in Tether application. Now if I check my speed via LAN cable to my desktop both download & upload speed is perfectly fine.

However, when I am doing WiFi speed test to any device over WiFi, download speed is not coming more than 180mbps (mostly between 150mbps to 180mbps), but upload speed is coming very good mostly between 250mbps to 350mbps. 

I have checked everything and tried to resolve this issue, but no luck.

Kindly help me to get good download speed as I am getting upload speed over WiFi.

Thanks in advance.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Archer AX72 WiFi download speed Issue
2023-11-27 00:08:22

@tqd691  

Hi I have 3ax72 v1

2 are in ap mode and 1 as main router. 

Just to clarify you have you channel width set to 160mhz and if so have you tried different speed test servers?

I recently just helped someone with similar experience and turned out it was the server he was using, 

When you use ookla there is a option to change servers as most of the servers that I have wasn't upto the gb speeds. 

I ended up flicking through testing the different servers and found about 2/3 servers that would reach the gb speeds where as others struggled to hit the 700 mark on download. 

Also I believe you can log into the main Web page gui and click on the client list and you might be able to see what your connection speed to your device is, 

Not all devices connect at gb speeds so that might be a cause also

Options
Re:Archer AX72 WiFi download speed Issue
2023-11-27 11:18:45 - last edited 2023-11-27 11:21:04

@Basboi85 

Hi...Thanks for your response.

Yes, you are correct when we change server in ookla speed test, there is difference in speed especially when you select the near server to your location speed is good. However, in my case still speed is not that much good, as checked client list as you suggested can see the individual speed of devices.

As checked in case of WiFi  Tx/Rx Rate(Mbps) are showing 433/433 and 866/866 and 433/6.0 what does that mean here ?

As checked these are max speed your device can get, maybe for my phone it is showing 433 / 433 and I am getting half speed (around 200mbps) of my current plan (400 mbps) in speed test. Probably if I check speed test on device which is showing  866 / 866, than maybe I can get high speed. Need your inputs.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 488

Replies: 2

Related Articles