Is this allowed: ER605 V1 config to load into ER605 V2 config?

2023-11-28 18:49:00 - last edited 2023-11-29 02:44:29
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.2.2 Build 20231017 Rel.68869

The subject says it all.  Is it going to be a problem on a V2 hardware if I restore a configuration from a V1 hardware?

Is there a Cisco-like configuration in plain text that I can edit manually with a text editor?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Is this allowed: ER605 V1 config to load into ER605 V2 config?-Solution
2023-11-29 02:44:21 - last edited 2023-11-29 02:44:29

Hi @firefox111 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

No. Don't support cross-HW-version backup import.

I don't think the backup is written in plain text. If you open it up with the notepad, I believe you'll see unintelligible codes.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Is this allowed: ER605 V1 config to load into ER605 V2 config?-Solution
2023-11-29 02:44:21 - last edited 2023-11-29 02:44:29

Hi @firefox111 

No. Don't support cross-HW-version backup import.

I don't think the backup is written in plain text. If you open it up with the notepad, I believe you'll see unintelligible codes.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Is this allowed: ER605 V1 config to load into ER605 V2 config?
2023-11-29 15:54:42

@Clive_A Thanks.  I thought I'd ask.  I am a retired network support engineer for a company which deploys Cisco ASA firewall and Cisco switches and routers.  The Cisco device configs are in plain text but maybe not anymore these days due to security reasons.  Anyway...

How come it's always after 12 hours that your response are posted?  Are you in the other side of the world? Just curious.  And it seems like there are no other participants in this forum!

Options
Re:Is this allowed: ER605 V1 config to load into ER605 V2 config?
2023-11-30 01:14:22

Hi @firefox111 

firefox111 wrote

@Clive_A Thanks.  I thought I'd ask.  I am a retired network support engineer for a company which deploys Cisco ASA firewall and Cisco switches and routers.  The Cisco device configs are in plain text but maybe not anymore these days due to security reasons.  Anyway...

How come it's always after 12 hours that your response are posted?  Are you in the other side of the world? Just curious.  And it seems like there are no other participants in this forum!

Yes.

There are other participants on our forum but mainly populated in the controller. Switch and Router are my responsibility but most threads are about the feature requests. And most issues are not very common in these sections.

You would see more people in the Controller and wireless sections where questions were repeatedly asked.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 261

Replies: 3

Related Articles