Thinking of buying the Deco XE75

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-11-29 11:22:15
Model: Deco XE75  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I am moving, and want to upgrade my wifi from the free random Craigslist router I am currently using. After lots of research, I decided on the XE75, but have a few questions. I have heard it has limited controls in the app, but was wondering if I can use the 2.4/ 5/ 6 gigahertz all as separate bands, or do they have to be merged? Also, could I disable the 6ghz if I wanted to? Thank you

Options
1 Reply
Re:Thinking of buying the Deco XE75
2023-11-29 13:42:19 - last edited 2023-11-29 13:46:35

@nibovim760 you can technically disable the 6GHz network by designating it as a wireless backhaul only, or set it as its own network SSID. As far as setting up a dedicated 2.4GHz network and a 5GHz network your only options are to set up a guest network or an IoT network running on your desired frequency. Your "main" network SSID can only be set up as a blended 2.4GHz/5GHz network or using one of the above frequencies in the app.

Hope this helps!

XE75 V1.0 3-pack / Wired backhaul / Router mode / UK
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 410

Replies: 1

Related Articles