Do I still need to connect to my Broadband supplied router
Do I still need to connect to my Broadband supplied router
2023-12-04 11:05:48 - last edited 2024-01-04 12:16:53
Model: Archer AXE75  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hi

i've just published an Archer AXE5400.

To my surprise (I'm no computer expert by any means) I've managed to connect it to the internet and set it up as my home Network.

i did this by connecting it via the Ethernet cable to my broadband provider (Now TV) supplied router which then connects to a micro filter and my phone port. I did this as I assumed I would need my old router to act as the modem so my broadband connection.

mt question is do I actually need to do this or can I actually connect the Archer router direct to my micro filter. 
I did try and get an answer to this via the technical support/chat link on the app but ended up going round in circles and was unable to speak to an actual technician.

Many Thanks

Bruce

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Do I still need to connect to my Broadband supplied router-Solution
2023-12-04 23:29:34 - last edited 2024-01-04 12:16:53

@BDMcG 

If you use a DSL broadband service and your broadband supplied router is a DSL modem, then you'd need the device.

If your broadband supplied router is just a wireless router then you won't need it.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Do I still need to connect to my Broadband supplied router-Solution
2023-12-04 23:29:34 - last edited 2024-01-04 12:16:53

@BDMcG 

If you use a DSL broadband service and your broadband supplied router is a DSL modem, then you'd need the device.

If your broadband supplied router is just a wireless router then you won't need it.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 206

Replies: 1

Related Articles