Deco S7 - Failed to get maximum ISP speed

2023-12-07 14:44:46
Model: Deco S7  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.4.1 build 20230324 Rel. 50892

Hello everyone,

Recently I've just changed my ISP and get a better one at 200Mbps package.

Knowing that my old Deco E4 doesn't have gigabit ethernet backhaul, i decided to buy a new Deco S7 just yesterday. Hoping that i could reach the maximum up down speed via ethernet backhaul on S7.

But unfortunately, things doesn't go as it seems. After replacing my main deco via app to S7, i could only get max 130 when near my deco S7 at 5G band. I already tried the QOS, UPNP, SIP ALG, even optimizing but nothing could make deco S7 reach max speed at 200Mbps.

The only thing i haven't tried is to reset all deco and make new network from scratch, because it will take a lot of time and i haven't got any chance to do it yet.

I know this deco is the problem, because:

- PC speed via ethernet -> 200Mbps

- wifi speed via ISP router on 5G band -> 200Mbps

Can somebody help me solve the problem?

TIA

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco S7 - Failed to get maximum ISP speed
2023-12-07 15:44:37

@Alexiezt 

Try these two things together:

1. Switch Deco mesh to Access Point mode: Switching a Deco to Access Point (AP) Mode

2. Configure Main Network to run on 5GHz exclusively:

Run speed tests again after that.

Options
2023-12-17 00:30:11

@Alexandre. 

Hello sir, thanks for your advice. I tried it, but it doesn't seems to solve the problem.

I tried to change every setting, even reconstruct the network from scratch. Doesn't seem to solve the problem either.

Options
2023-12-17 11:10:00

Well..found the problem though, the problem is because of the 5Ghz channel. It keep selecting channel with most congestion (157, 149, etc), so i can't reach maximum speed.

How do i know that? Because when i first subscribe my latest ISP, the ISP router also cannot reach the maximum speed on wifi. After changing 5Ghz channel 40, the problem is solved.

But on deco? Changing to channel 40 would be impossible. You TP-Link guys are stubborn as hell to not give your customer freedom to choose our wifi channel. So i guess i'm stuck until i found another brand mesh router that offers more "freedom".

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 326

Replies: 3

Related Articles