Deco x20 / Robot mower WiFi connectivity issues.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-12-07 16:54:27 - last edited 2023-12-08 13:36:53

Good Afternoon, 

I'm far from educated in this sort of thing so I'm hoping someone who is can assist . I have recently upgraded from RE220 range extenders to Deco x20 and cannot get my WiFi robot mower to connect . I have tried changing to 2.4ghz and even setting up an iot channel / guest channel but it just won't pick it up . I have plugged the Re220 back in and this connects straight away. 

Any suggestions would be much appreciated. 

Options
6 Reply
Re:Deco x20 / Robot mower WiFi connectivity issues.
2023-12-07 20:34:00 - last edited 2023-12-08 13:36:53

@GavinEmberson 

Perhaps this video could point you to the right troubleshooting direction.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2023-12-08 13:36:41

@terziyski 

This unfortunately didn't resolve my issues but thank you anyway . It was a good insight to other potential issues. 
My mower will connect straight away to my main router and therefore I assume those settings are fine. 
ive also connected it to my phone via a hotspot and that also worked straight away. 

Its obviously something in the Deco settings that's preventing my device from picking it up . 
Either that or the device isn't compatible with the deco for whatever reason . I hope its not the latter as the main reason for the deco was to extend WiFi into garden for the mower🙈.

Options
2023-12-08 13:41:32

@GavinEmberson 

Are you using your Deco X20 in AP mode ?

What are your wireless settings for 2.4GHz channel ?

You can post some screenshots here, just cover/blur your SSIDs and passwords for privacy.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2023-12-08 13:58:08

@terziyski 

I have tried in Both AP and Router modes and even turned off the WiFi on my Talk Talk router in case it was confusing the mower . 

In the app the only wireless settings I have are :

security - set to WPA / WPA2 as recommended on mower.

band - set to 2.4ghz 

hide network- untoggled . 

is there any more options / settings I am missing ?

Options
2023-12-08 14:17:53 - last edited 2023-12-08 15:22:36

@GavinEmberson 

If you're expanding your main router wireless coverage I would suggest to use X20 in AP mode to avoid double NAT in your local network.

Try different wireless setting like WPA2 only => WPA2-PSK [AES]:

Watch this video to double check the steps for wireless connection setup.

You could try to remove the robot from the app and re-add it when your phone is connected to X20 wireless SSID.

If this doesn't help contact your local tech support with the issue description.

Options
2023-12-08 15:01:41

@terziyski 

I have tried everything listed to no avail .

i have sent yard force an email checking wether it is compatible with the Deco as it still connects immediately to my old WiFi so something isn't right . 

I will update with a solution hopefully 🤞. 

Thanks for your help . 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 474

Replies: 6

Related Articles