upgrade failed: The upgrade file is invalid. Please select a correct file.

2023-12-13 15:05:56 - last edited 2023-12-22 01:27:08
Model: ER7206 (TL-ER7206)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.0 Build 20230322 Rel.70951

On OMADA controller version 5.13.22 and in previous 5.12, I cannot upgrade the Router ER7206 v1.0, the web interface says: "upgrade failed: The upgrade file is invalid. Please select a correct file.", this happend when I click on Upgrade.

I've also manually download the binary file from the official tp-link site https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/er7206/v1/#Firmware and the result is the same if I go to the router configuration, Manage Device, Custom Upgrade and upload the file ER7206v1_un_1.4.0_20231114-rel36220_up_2023-11-14_10.04.07.bin
What can I do?
File:
ER7206 v1.0 upgrade fail 03.JPGDownload
Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:upgrade failed: The upgrade file is invalid. Please select a correct file.-Solution
2023-12-22 01:26:59 - last edited 2023-12-22 01:27:08

To anyone who's experiencing this issue and looking for a solution.

This case has been resolved by a clean uninstall of incorrect 32-bit Java JRE and installing the 64-bit Java. Then launch your Omada Controller again and update to check if it is resolved.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
11 Reply
Re:upgrade failed: The upgrade file is invalid. Please select a correct file.
2023-12-14 03:47:15

Hello @matiasrk

Thank you so much for taking the time to report the issue to our community!

1. May I know from which firmware version you tried upgrading to the 1.4.0 Build 20231114 but failed?

You need to upgrade the ER7206 to the ER7206(UN)_V1_1.3.0 Build 20230322 firstly, please refer to the Release Note:

2. Please try a different browser or use incognito mode when upgrading the firmware for ER7206.

3. We suggest upgrading the firmware when on LAN and logging into the controller locally. You'd better keep the Controller with the latest firmware version:

Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here - Subscribe for Updates

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2023-12-14 23:02:31

@Hank21 Thank you for the quick reply, respect to your questions and remarks:

Topic 1) The current firware that the router has is version  1.3.0 Build 20230322 Rel.70951

This update was provided by the own OMADA server as an incremental update. I always use the inbuild update icon/button when available for each device to make the firmware updates. This time, neither that icon or the official site:  https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/er7206/v1/#Firmware and download the binary file ER7206v1_un_1.4.0_20231114-rel36220_up_2023-11-14_10.04.07.bin after decompressed and uploaded to the omada server, in the device property tab, Config, Manage Device, Custom Upgrade option, the error is the same.

Topic 2) Please try a different browser or use incognito mode when upgrading the firmware for ER7206.
I have used Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge, also the official Android OMADA app. The other devices were updated without problem, just this router.

Topic 3) Im using the latest OMADA controller version version 5.13.22 , using LAN.

omada uiMaybe this router was hacked by an organization and blocking further upgrades?

Options
2023-12-15 06:57:24

Hi @matiasrk 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

matiasrk wrote

@Hank21 Thank you for the quick reply, respect to your questions and remarks:

Topic 1) The current firware that the router has is version  1.3.0 Build 20230322 Rel.70951

This update was provided by the own OMADA server as an incremental update. I always use the inbuild update icon/button when available for each device to make the firmware updates. This time, neither that icon or the official site:  https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/er7206/v1/#Firmware and download the binary file ER7206v1_un_1.4.0_20231114-rel36220_up_2023-11-14_10.04.07.bin after decompressed and uploaded to the omada server, in the device property tab, Config, Manage Device, Custom Upgrade option, the error is the same.

Topic 2) Please try a different browser or use incognito mode when upgrading the firmware for ER7206.
I have used Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge, also the official Android OMADA app. The other devices were updated without problem, just this router.

Topic 3) Im using the latest OMADA controller version version 5.13.22 , using LAN.

Maybe this router was hacked by an organization and blocking further upgrades?

Run "java -version". Is your Java 64-bit?

If not, re-install it to be 64-bit.

If this issue persists after you confirm you are using 64-bit Java, export the running log and let me know. I'll create a ticket for you for a private conversation.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2023-12-15 22:34:59

@Clive_A Thank you for the response,

I have Java 64-bit, and reinstalled for checking if there was any change.
Today I download and installed the latest Java 64-bit from https://www.java.com/pt-BR/download/manual.jsp and still the same error for the firmware update as depicted in the following screenshot:

C:\Users\admin>java -version
java version "1.8.0_391"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_391-b13)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.391-b13, mixed mode)

This screenshots show the java version and also the OMADA UI LOG.
I can provide (if you want ) also the “Download Device Info“ of the Router, from the router properties tab, Config, Manage Device, “Download Device Info“. as sugested by the OMADA UI: “If the device has an abnormality, you can download and send to you the device information and provide it to our R&D personnel to analyze the problem.“

Or we can make a meeting using Google Meet, or TeamViewer or other software or create a ticket for a private conversation.
Thanks in advance!!

Options
2023-12-18 03:14:13

Hi @matiasrk

Thank you so much for taking the time to post the issue on TP-Link community!

To better assist you, I've created a support ticket via your registered email address, and escalated it to our support engineer to look into the issue. The ticket ID is TKID231234570, please check your email box and ensure the support email is well received. Thanks!

Once the issue is addressed or resolved, welcome to update this topic thread with your solution to help others who may encounter the same issue as you did.

Many thanks for your great cooperation and patience!

Options
Re:upgrade failed: The upgrade file is invalid. Please select a correct file.-Solution
2023-12-22 01:26:59 - last edited 2023-12-22 01:27:08

To anyone who's experiencing this issue and looking for a solution.

This case has been resolved by a clean uninstall of incorrect 32-bit Java JRE and installing the 64-bit Java. Then launch your Omada Controller again and update to check if it is resolved.

Recommended Solution
Options
2023-12-26 06:32:01

I've been trying for 2 days now upgrading my device firmware V1 from 1.2.3 Build 20221104 Rel.415001.2.3 Build 20221104 Rel.41500 TO last version 1.4 with no success , I've tried from different computers , removing JRE and installing 64bit version, trying INcongnito , I've even tried US version and the standard internationl one from the main site with no success at all  , any other ideas ... 

Options
2023-12-26 06:45:10

@Steefozo 

I use the Oracle JavaUninstallTool.exe and delete the java 64-bit version and proceed as said on the faq website:

https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/3086/

and installed instead of Oracle Java 8 64-bit version, I installed now the OpenJDK8U-jre_x64_windows_hotspot_8u392b08.msi 

The Tp-link site says:

"Download and Install OpenJDK.  OpenJDK has stopped providing Windows installers for some versions such as Java 8 and 11.

We recommend that you can use the Adoptium version. Note to download and install 64-bit version.  1) Go to Adoptium website, select Windows, x64, JRE, Version 8 or other from the drop-down menu, and click to download the installer of the .msi version."

That worked for me, I uninstall all JRE versions using the Oracle JavaUninstallerTool and installed instead the OpenJDK as the faq website said.

Options
2023-12-28 03:02:44

Hi @Steefozo 

Did not know that you are on 1.2.3.

Here's what the release note says.

Options
2023-12-28 03:53:03

@Clive_A Thats work like magic ; I did not realize there is a 1.3 version as it is not listed on the versions list , thank you for your support ... 

Options