Phone behind router

Phone behind router
Phone behind router
2023-12-14 16:44:48
Model: ER707-M2  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: newest

Hello!

I use an ER707M2, an OM200 and various APs.

A Fritzbox, which only has DECT active, will be used for telephony. This worked for a short time and then the O2 SIP numbers in Germany could no longer be provisioned by the Fritzbox.

I'm a bit at the end of my tether with my half-knowledge ... a port, DNS, ...   Maybe I don't understand the Omada ;) and have overlooked something.

Best regards and thank you!

Frank

Options
24 Reply
Re:Phone behind router
2023-12-15 03:38:15

Hi @Liftboy 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

I, TBH, want to delete this post and message you to rewrite this post. I am not grasping anything useful here. Is there a question you want to ask? Be clear about the subject and the issue that you have.

I seem to understand what you want to express by the title but this post entirely looks like a low-effort one.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2023-12-15 06:40:50

Please excuse the unclear wording!

Behind an Omada ER707M2 there are various APs and a Fritzbox which is intended solely for the operation of a few DECT telephones.

On the WAN side of the 707 there is a fibre optic and a DSL connection (O2 with telephony).

After a restart, the telephone runs and then quickly switches off again. It somehow smells like a DNS problem.

I allready enabled SIP ALG.

I don't really know what to do.

Frank

Options
2023-12-15 07:48:33

@Liftboy 

Liftboy wrote

I allready enabled SIP ALG.

In my experience , most SIP ALGs are flawed and are best disabled. Most SIP endpoints can handle a connection behind NAT without the use of an alg helper.

Try disabling the SIP alg.

Options
2023-12-15 08:31:49

This was not successful. I restarted the Fritzbox after the setting. Perhaps the 707 router should also be restarted .... . I also added DMZ to the IP of the Fritzbox for port forwarding.

Options
2023-12-15 08:39:42

@Liftboy 

As I understand , the Fritzbox is also a router so you may well have a double NAT scenario. Can you explain how the Fritzbox is configured ?

Options
2023-12-15 09:10:35 - last edited 2023-12-15 09:11:00

No, the Fritzbox is configured as a client w/o NAT or router funktion. ;)

Options
2023-12-15 09:39:02

Hi @Liftboy 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Liftboy wrote

No, the Fritzbox is configured as a client w/o NAT or router funktion. ;)

If you can confirm it is not double-NAT, you can start to Wireshark and start with analyzing the packet.

It's SIP, right? Wireshark and see the interaction where it congests.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2023-12-15 09:50:10

@Liftboy

I'm assuming the SIP registration is failing ? does the Fritzbox have any logging that would be useful ?

Options
2023-12-15 10:30:17

@MisterW 

No, not really. I got the information that the registration of each number is failing and it seemd to be a DNS problem. Not more.

Options
2023-12-15 10:30:42
I' ll do this! Thank you!
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1175

Replies: 24

Related Articles