WR842nd ethernet port and wireless bridging

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-08-09 16:12:50
Region : Argentina

Model : TL-WR1043ND

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have set up a wireless bridge between WR842nd and Telewell 3G router(primary router with Huawei E1820 3g stick).
Telewell with internet connection works as primary router with dhcp.
Somehow I can't get Telewell's dhcpd ip:s to show in WR842nd through wireless bridge. In WR842nd there is wds connection on. Telewells mac address and wifis are on same channel and have same wpa2/psk keys. I have disabled WR842nd's dhcp on ethernet ports. Disabled all firewall options.
I can get connection from Telewell to WR842nd's web management so thats why I figured out that wds is working but not sending ip:s through wireless bridge. Telewell won't support wps functionality.
2nd problem is that I need ethernet port bridging over wireless bridge. Does WR842nd support ethernet port bridging? I need to connect few lan cable only devices in the other end of house to network.
Options
1 Reply
Re:WR842nd ethernet port and wireless bridging
2013-08-21 09:46:11
What if you set your wireless adapter with a Static IP Address? Can you get Internet?

Ethernet bridging? You mean like connect its lan port to another router? I think it's fine if you have disabled the DHCP
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 421

Replies: 1

Related Articles