WAN failover issue

WAN failover issue

WAN failover issue
WAN failover issue
2023-12-17 07:36:31
Model: ER7206 (TL-ER7206)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.4.0

Hii, WAN failover on my rouer is not working, I have tried both the settings failover and load balancing but when the primary WAN fails it doesn't swtich to the secondary wan.

When I try to check my IP address online it show ipv6 but no ipv4.

Options
4 Reply
Re:WAN failover issue
2023-12-18 05:52:25

Hi @AmanSaroha 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

I have no idea about what you are referring to. Refer to the pinned thread and explain what steps you've taken.

How do you know it is not switching over to the backup?

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2023-12-18 06:08:43

@Clive_A  Sorry let me explain clearly with some screenshots. My primary wan only has ipv4, secondary wan has ipv4 and ipv6. When I unplug my primary wan and check my  ip address on google it only show ipv6 and no ipv4, than means for some reason I'm only getting ipv6 routing on my secondary wan.

Options
2023-12-19 05:59:58

Hi @AmanSaroha 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

AmanSaroha wrote

@Clive_A  Sorry let me explain clearly with some screenshots. My primary wan only has ipv4, secondary wan has ipv4 and ipv6. When I unplug my primary wan and check my  ip address on google it only show ipv6 and no ipv4, than means for some reason I'm only getting ipv6 routing on my secondary wan.

Are you sure this is not a problem with your testing site? Do you run other sites to test your IPv4 and IPv6 separately to verify and concrete your description?

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2023-12-20 05:37:00

@Clive_A  I think I have found the problem. I created a new site and started changing settings one by one. The problem is with the port forwarding, when I port forward with only my primary wan I stop getting ipv4 address on my secondary wan. I have tried this multiple times and evey time its the same issue, if I select both my wan in port forwarding rule everything works fine. For some reason port forwarding with primary wan is blocking all the traffic from secondary wan in load balancing too.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 186

Replies: 4

Related Articles