Error in ER605 Router Installation Guide

2023-12-18 23:11:28 - last edited 2023-12-20 07:45:10

More of an omission than an error.

Option 1: Standalone Mode

Step 3: Create a username and password.

There is NO warning that the password has to be at least 6 characters.  It will accept 5 characters and let you configure the router.

You don't discover this until after you have set up the router and it reboots. And you can't log in.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Error in ER605 Router Installation Guide-Solution
2023-12-20 03:06:27 - last edited 2023-12-20 07:45:10

Hi @SteveMann 

SteveMann wrote

@Clive_A 

How? Easy. Open the box and take out a new ER605. Plug in the power supply and a PC into a lan port. Open 192.168.0.1 on the Pc browser, and the router replies with a dialog box to create a name and password.  I entered "Admin" and "Admin". The router then goes into the settings menu.  No problem with the 5-character password until the router reboots.

Nah. Not that easy. Shocked by what you said. I typed "admin" and I cannot save it. How can you save it?

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Error in ER605 Router Installation Guide
2023-12-19 05:48:22

Hi @SteveMann

For real? In all these years I have been dealing with Omada, I never successfully created a 5-digit password. Most of the time, I will pick up "admin" as my password if they allow a 5. Then if they forbid, I will use a 6-digit password. I never created a 5-digit password on the Omada router.

How can you do that?

The Installation Guide would be a generic guidance so it does not be that specific.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
Re:Error in ER605 Router Installation Guide
2023-12-19 06:16:49

@Clive_A 

How? Easy. Open the box and take out a new ER605. Plug in the power supply and a PC into a lan port. Open 192.168.0.1 on the Pc browser, and the router replies with a dialog box to create a name and password.  I entered "Admin" and "Admin". The router then goes into the settings menu.  No problem with the 5-character password until the router reboots.

Options
Re:Error in ER605 Router Installation Guide-Solution
2023-12-20 03:06:27 - last edited 2023-12-20 07:45:10

Hi @SteveMann 

SteveMann wrote

@Clive_A 

Nah. Not that easy. Shocked by what you said. I typed "admin" and I cannot save it. How can you save it?

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 417

Replies: 3

Related Articles