DWR 4300 slow when downloading and gaming

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-08-09 22:32:06
Region : Argentina

Model : TL-WDR4300

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Dear readers,

a month ago i replaced my old router with the WDR-4300 since then i am having problems with my download speed and lag/ loss of connections when online gaming. When i place back my old router no such problems occur.

My setup is as follows:
* The cable modem of my ISP connects met to the WAN;
* The WDR 4300 is connected to my ISP modem;
* The computer on which i am facing these problemens is connected by wire;

Stats:
* When using my old router i get downloadspeeds up to 6,2 Mb/s. When using the WDR 4300 this is reduced to 4,6 MB/s;
* When gaming I lagg a lot and frequently I loose my cionnection;

Anyone has an idea where to look? and what items can cause my connection to slow down and become instable.

I can supply settings when requested.

Kind Regards, Peter
Options
2 Reply
Re:DWR 4300 slow when downloading and gaming
2013-08-12 15:54:59
Are you using a cable modem or using a DSL modem? How about disable the Hardware nat to give a try?1
Options
Re:DWR 4300 slow when downloading and gaming
2013-08-12 18:05:01
Hi, i am using a cable modem. I did turn off the hardware NAT. At first it did not help. However after resetting my cable modem and router the connection became stable. But I still have approx 1 Mb/s less download speed with the WDR 4300 compared to my old router
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 613

Replies: 2

Related Articles