AX6000 8-Stream Wi-Fi 6 Router Speed Drop Issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-12-31 11:54:38
Model: Archer AX80  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.0 Build 20230915 rel.40846(4555)

When the router restarts it gives maximum speeds, after a while the speed drops senselessly and does not increase,  I don't have this problem with the ISP's device.

I connect from the ISP's device to the Ax80 via ethernet and only stream wi-fi from the AX80, The result is that after 5-10 minutes the speed drops again. There is no way to solve it in any way. 

The speed goes up and down on its own, causing ping and speed issues. 

I also don't have this problem over ethernet. I can see upload and download speeds of 1Gbps.

Options
5 Reply
Re:AX6000 8-Stream Wi-Fi 6 Router Speed Drop Issue
2023-12-31 11:55:11

It also blocks some streaming connections randomly.

I'm guessing it's because the ridiculous paid security program included in it isn't working properly. Even without a free or paid subscription, it somehow affects connections.

Options
2024-01-02 06:47:48

@aykuttasdelen 

Hi, is your Archer AX80 working on Router mode or AP mode? 

If your ISP device is a modem and also a router,  you could try configuring the Archer AX80 to AP mode(Case 1) to see if it solves the problem:

By the way, does the issue happen on all the client devices or only some specific devices? via WiFi only or wired connection has the same issue?

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2024-01-05 12:25:16

@Sunshine Hi,

Hi, is your Archer AX80 working on Router mode or AP mode? 

It is positioned as the main device in router mode, I am not actively using the ISP device.

If your ISP device is a modem and also a router,  you could try configuring the Archer AX80 to AP mode(Case 1) to see if it solves the problem:

How to configure the TP-Link wireless router as Access Point

I'll try it at the appropriate time.

By the way, does the issue happen on all the client devices or only some specific devices? via WiFi only or wired connection has the same issue?

On all devices and Wi-Fi connection. 
I did not observe such a fluctuation in the wired connection.

Ps: I can say that the problem appeared with the last updated software version. 

Thank you for your concern.

Options
2024-01-08 02:00:44

@Sunshine 

Hi, if the issue only happens on wireless client devices, you could also disable smart connect and change the WiFi channel&channel width for both WiFi bands on Advanced->Wireless->Wireless Settings page.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2024-01-08 19:27:51 - last edited 2024-01-08 19:29:09

@Sunshine 

I never prefer smart connection on the network devices, because it is not very smart. :)

The connection type communicates with the devices as 2 separate channels and only smart home devices are connected at 2.4ghz band. There is 3 metres and one weak wall between me and the device. Despite this, the device is experiencing very serious performance loss or instability in some way. When I check the channels I use from the connection performance menu via the tether application, it states as excellent.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 480

Replies: 5

Related Articles