"Latest Firmware" Forum Page Subscriptions no longer work

2024-01-02 11:37:50 - last edited 2024-01-08 10:10:21
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

@CliveA @Fae 

Please be aware that my subscription to the "Latest Firmware" page does not work. I did NOT receive any notification of the latest release for my ER605 (https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/647340). I only discovered the new release when someone posted a comment on the V2.1.5 Beta thread

I believe Subscription notifications are sent only when a New Post is made and as the "Latest Firmware" Thread (https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/255644) has been locked no subscription emails are being sent, even if the original post with the details of each new firmware has been edited by a moderator.

Hopefully you can find a method of enabling subscriptions on the "Latest Firmware" page as this clearly states "Subscribe for Updates" at the top of the page

Happy New Year

mhoam

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:"Latest Firmware" Forum Page Subscriptions no longer work-Solution
2024-01-08 03:30:44 - last edited 2024-01-08 10:10:21

Hi @mhoam 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

So that account is no longer being used but for some updates of the old posts. I have to switch to that account every time to modify. I now use it for updating the new firmware but not replying to it because it needs to unlock and lock.

TBH, this should be a system-level notification on the community where you subscribe, and there should be a push notification button for the mods. I also use my self-built server to monitor the changes on the firmware page. We are not notified if there is a new firmware.

The original owner of the account, the employee, has left the forum team and we don't quite use that account for the questions. Temporarily, it would be logged in for updates. I'll pay attention to what you said.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:"Latest Firmware" Forum Page Subscriptions no longer work
2024-01-05 06:43:38

Hi @mhoam 

Update the thread does not send the notification. It is normal. So every time, we gotta reply to the thread to notify everyone.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2024-01-05 12:07:45

@Clive_A 

What you say appears to be correct but sadly that is no longer happening. As you can see from this screenshot, the latest post by Fae was on 27th September 2023. 

I believe this means that all the new Official Releases and Beta versions in October, November and December have not been notified to subscribers to that thread.

I certainly was NOT notified of the latest V2_2.2.3 Release issued on December 21st 2023 

This may just be a training issue for the Moderator of that thread however it needs to be resolved,

Regards

mhoam

Options
Re:"Latest Firmware" Forum Page Subscriptions no longer work-Solution
2024-01-08 03:30:44 - last edited 2024-01-08 10:10:21

Hi @mhoam 

So that account is no longer being used but for some updates of the old posts. I have to switch to that account every time to modify. I now use it for updating the new firmware but not replying to it because it needs to unlock and lock.

TBH, this should be a system-level notification on the community where you subscribe, and there should be a push notification button for the mods. I also use my self-built server to monitor the changes on the firmware page. We are not notified if there is a new firmware.

The original owner of the account, the employee, has left the forum team and we don't quite use that account for the questions. Temporarily, it would be logged in for updates. I'll pay attention to what you said.

Recommended Solution
Options
2024-01-08 10:10:09

@Clive_A 

Thanks for your reply.

I did assume you are a TP-Link employee although your response suggests otherwise!

Perhaps TP-Link should be providing more support to their community, especially for something as important as notifying their customers of new versions of their Firmware.

Anyway, many thanks for all your help, it is appreciated.

Regards

mhoam

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 244

Replies: 4

Related Articles