Archer AX55 keeps disconnecting/logging off webinterface/tether app

2024-01-02 21:12:52 - last edited 2024-01-02 21:48:31
Model: Archer AX55  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.6 build 20231130 rel.36135

Since the latest firmware update i'm having issues to manage my router. Both via the webinterface or the tether app.

Webinterface:
When i logon to the webinterface the session is automatically logged off. Sometimes after a few seconds sometimes immediatly. So it's practically not managable.

Tether app:

When connected within 1 minute a message shows up;
"Network Management Force Stopped, Another admin has begun managing the network. Do you want to continue managing the network? This wil force stop the other admin's management"

I've already rebooted the device, only tried managing trough the webinterface visa verca. Not at the same time offcourse.

Hopefully someone can help me out.

Thanks in advance!

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Archer AX55 keeps disconnecting/logging off webinterface/tether app-Solution
2024-01-02 21:48:25 - last edited 2024-01-02 21:48:31

Update:

I've found the problem angel

It wasn't the firmware update, at about the same time i've installed the Home Assistant TP-Link-Router add-on. (https://github.com/AlexandrErohin/home-assistant-tplink-router) So every time it tried to poll the router my webinterface/tether app got disconnected.

After disabeling the add-on the problem was solved.

Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re:Archer AX55 keeps disconnecting/logging off webinterface/tether app-Solution
2024-01-02 21:48:25 - last edited 2024-01-02 21:48:31

Update:

I've found the problem angel

It wasn't the firmware update, at about the same time i've installed the Home Assistant TP-Link-Router add-on. (https://github.com/AlexandrErohin/home-assistant-tplink-router) So every time it tried to poll the router my webinterface/tether app got disconnected.

After disabeling the add-on the problem was solved.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Archer AX55 keeps disconnecting/logging off webinterface/tether app
2024-01-03 02:14:00

@Wienen 

Thanks a lot for the update, glad to hear that you've found the solution.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2024-01-03 18:00:10 - last edited 2024-01-03 18:01:00

@Wienen 

Another consideration if it happens again is you can't login to the router from 2 different devices at the same time, if you try to it will attempt to stop the other session, also when this happens and you can't login at all clear your browser cookies etc and reboot the router is it still won't let you in, using some browsers configured for avoiding HTTP will appear like a 404 rejected page but should offer you the option to bypass the HTTP protection & allow you to login, hth.

Options
2024-06-04 19:03:56

@Wienen You have no idea how much I appreciate you posting this update. I've been banging my head against the wall for weeks trying to figure this out and have gone down some really technical rabbit holes.

I feel almost stupid for not even considering home assistant. It was one of the first addons I enabled and as my HA grew it slowly became an addon that was connected but never used. I can't believe an unused addon has caused me such a headache!

Options
2024-06-04 20:03:58

@LGX550 i'm glad I could be of a help! It cost me some headage aswell! But after starting to reverse engineer i quickly stumbled upon the HA Addon. And since I like it when someone takes the time to return to there question posting the answer i tought i do the same laugh

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 668

Replies: 5

Related Articles