Cannot access gateway from a Virtual machine

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-08-10 01:24:56
Region : Greece

Model : TL-WA701ND

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version :

ISP : Forthnet

I recently move on to a new home, and I live in the outskirts of Athens. perfect location, however we do not have a phone line. So I am getting internet connection from my cousin who live on the above floor using WA701 as a client.
I need to use some of my virtual machines, vwmare & virtual pc.
Unfortunately, they cannot access internet.
WA701 has the 192.168.1.253 which is visible from all VMs.
Gateway (adsl router) has the 192.168.1.254 which is unavailable.

Any help?
Options
3 Reply
Re:Cannot access gateway from a Virtual machine
2013-08-10 21:04:11
why it has to be via virtual machines the TL-WA701ND works in any OS Win XP, Vista, W7, regurarly the use of VMs is when you have a old inkjet printer and W7 does not have the drivers, then you install XP in the VM and from Win XP you print, if you elaborate the reason of the need of a VM, you will get more help.
When you open a OS via VM example, you have 2 adapters in your Lap one wireless and one wire, you only see one on the VM OS, both work, but you only control one at the time.
Options
2022-01-16 21:32:27 - last edited 2022-01-16 21:34:28

@Wizard Did you ever find a solution to your probem?

Options
2022-01-16 21:33:58

@danymarc Your answer is not really helpful.

I've just set up an Archer AC5400 and my VMs cannot see the gateway address which is strange, my virgin router did not have this problem.

Knowing why the VMs are required helps in no way when answering a hardware issue.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 643

Replies: 3