AX55 / RE315 OneMesh issues

2024-01-09 08:45:57
Model: Archer AX55   RE315  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: Latest

Hey guys,

I have a strange issue here with an AX55 / RE315 pair. I have 2 repeators, RE315, that used to work with a "default" broadband router from Vodafone (in Romania), with the repeators functioning quite good. So, whenever I was going upstairs I had to wait for the phone to connect to the new network, and there were some problems between the equipments - the laptop/phone would be undecided on which network to join, the one from the router or the one from the repeators. So, I bought an AX55 and created a OneMesh network. This however seems to not be the ideal situation - whenever the power goes does, I have to unplug and replug the repeators, it seems that even though previously there were no issues, now after a power failure they don't work anymore. Also, even though I am very close to one, the phone seems to still be undecided which point it should connect to, because the wifi signal is maybe half, oscilating between the 2 repeators from upstairs... The router and repeators have the latest firmware. Any ideas if these issues do have a solution or I have the AX55 for nothing really?

Options
2 Reply
Re:AX55 / RE315 OneMesh issues
2024-01-10 06:37:16

@bx3m 

After the power failure, is the AX55 itself still working? please check LED Status on the two range extenders especially the signal LED.

You could also try disabling OneMesh and monitor if the issue still exists or not.

Options
Re:AX55 / RE315 OneMesh issues
2024-01-10 07:33:16 - last edited 2024-01-10 07:34:00

@Sunshine The router is powered through a UPS, but at some point I accidentally disconnected the power line from it too, and it booted OK, started without problems. The problem seems to be with the repeaters, that once they are powered back on, they do not register on the router. Unplug-replug them and they start working... I will try to keep them just as plain repeaters for a couple of days and not mark them as OneMesh extenders, see how that goes.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 176

Replies: 2

Related Articles