Tether app and client list refresh

2024-01-09 20:20:00 - last edited 2024-01-09 20:21:05

Dear Tp-link community. 
I noticed that on the new updated iOS Tether App  a new behavior of connected client list.  
Before on the previously app I was able to pull down the list to force the REFRESH because anytime I connecting to my router remotely the client list doesn't refresh automatically. 

now on the new update app the refresh has gone. If I enter on my client list I continue to see old devices instead of the new list. 

Any tips?

im using a Archer AX55 Router

Options
6 Reply
Re:Tether app and client list refresh
2024-01-10 07:45:35

@Masterzone 

Hi, what is the current version of your iOS Tether App? and please show us some screenshots about the issue if possible.

In addition, please also let us know the hardware and firmware version of your Archer AX55 Router, you could also login its web interface to check client list on the web for comparison.

Options
2024-01-10 08:19:27

@Sunshine 

Hello!

My iOS Tether App is 4.3.25 (build 431). Latest release because I manually control if there are some upgrade to do before posting a support answer ;)

My Router model is: Archer AX55 v1.0 - 1.2.3 Build 20230603 rel.46473

Is very hard to make screenshots about this issue because I don't know what show you. I noticed on previously App (before UX refresh), a feature to pull down the client list and force refresh...now when you enter into the client list from the App, you can't do a refresh so you will stay on the screen and wait for some "auto refresh".

Yesterday evening I was stay on front of the client list for waiting but after 1 minutes I noticed that the list was not updated. Tried to move on a client by tapping onto it and come back to client list...I seen a "refresh" and new clients appears...

It's very frustrating because on previously App the client list works very well and if a little slow to refresh, by pulling down the list I will able to force the refresh...

I don't want to build a direct web management for this router (I'm using it on my AirBnB for control Guest Wifi Accesses)...the App is a best way...

Alex

Options
2024-01-11 10:36:00
I have an AX73v1 2023 11 08 rel. 82954 App ver 4.3.28 Can't reproduce same issue. My phone recieved a new App version some time ago, i noticed that client list refresher a bit longer time that on pervious version, but it works fine. I waited 1 min and it's ok.
Options
2024-01-11 14:06:07

@MinDmit same here, tooks very long to refresh devices and I continue to see some decices already disconnected. Seems there are issue with new updated app because the previously works fine...

Very annoyng

Options
2024-01-12 03:01:10

@Masterzone 

Hi, upon checking with senior engineer, the client list cannot be refreshed manually when it is trying to obtain the client device information. We have reported it and check if it can be optimized.

In addition, the new Tether App will refresh the client list every 20 seconds and it might take a little bit time to obtain the client information.

Options
2024-01-12 07:23:18 - last edited 2024-01-12 17:09:03

@Sunshine Thanks, Yes I noticed that it doesnt works the manually refresh, but I don't know why and when it happen, sometimes a refresh circle appears into the top of the list, but the app doesnt respond during the "throtle" circle...I can't reproduce that becuase it happen yesterday but not today.

I noticed also that the refresh tooks some second but 20 seconds is a luky situation because sometimes it tooks about 1 minutes and sometimes a disconnected message appears.

This issue come only on the udpated app, with the previously one the client list with manual refresh was great...

Alex

EDIT: 

Here you can find a today morning screen recording. Sorry it's a 6 minutes video and I continue to scroll up and down to see if something is changing during connection. You can see yourself that the router continue to show me 12 devices connected but (Expressif, Network device and Network device again) that doesnt extist on the network because are my previously AirBnB Guests. In this moment my wife is there with her Iphone and she is connected but the phone it doesnt appears on the list and also the App continue to disconnect from the router. So right now there isn't any refresh of the list....

I have a very strong connection and the router is absolutly fresh new and up to date ad well configured.

Very annoying due to app malfuction....

File:
compresso5.mp4.zipDownload
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 390

Replies: 6

Related Articles