Does the TP-Link AC1900 WiFi Extender (RE550) repeat any and all 2.4Ghz signal (including non-WiFi)?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Does the TP-Link AC1900 WiFi Extender (RE550) repeat any and all 2.4Ghz signal (including non-WiFi)?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-01-10 06:21:12
Model: RE550  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Does the TP-Link AC1900 WiFi Extender (RE550) passively and non-selectively repeat/extend/boost any and all signals produced within the 2.4GHz band, including signals from non-WiFi devices and external network devices? Also, if not, is there a setting to allow the Extender to do so like a passive, non-selective repeater? If not, will newer firmware updates add this feature to the device?

My goal is to repeat my wireless headset signal, which has a Tx/Rx dongle that operates in the 2.4Ghz range.

Thanks.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Does the TP-Link AC1900 WiFi Extender (RE550) repeat any and all 2.4Ghz signal (including non-WiFi)?
2024-01-10 07:19:47

@PettyCashPrash 

It's highly unlikely such feature would be implemented in the REs.

If you headset uses a bluetooth technology (2.45 GHz) or a proprietary wireless frequency, you can't repeat it with Wi-Fi range extender.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
Re:Does the TP-Link AC1900 WiFi Extender (RE550) repeat any and all 2.4Ghz signal (including non-WiFi)?
2024-01-10 13:15:00

PettyCashPrash wrote

Does the TP-Link AC1900 WiFi Extender (RE550) passively and non-selectively repeat/extend/boost any and all signals produced within the 2.4GHz band, including signals from non-WiFi devices and external network devices? Also, if not, is there a setting to allow the Extender to do so like a passive, non-selective repeater? If not, will newer firmware updates add this feature to the device?

My goal is to repeat my wireless headset signal, which has a Tx/Rx dongle that operates in the 2.4Ghz range.

Thanks.

@PettyCashPrash 

Options