New Windows 11 PC cannot access Archer A8 Router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-01-10 09:38:13

Hi, getting frustrated that my new PC (Win 11 Pro) cannot access 192.168.0.1. I can do this on my old Win 10 PC just fine. I get a timeout (no response from the router). 

I have tried 3 browsers, turning off anti-virus and firewall, cycling the router, pulling out all other connections to the routerand re-booting router and PC, making sure I am on the same ip group (yes 192.168.0.xxx). I can ping 192.168.0.1 fine and I have Internet access just fine. I just cannot get into administration. Luckily I can connect with 2 other PCs on the network (Win 10) but they are going soon. The Win 10 PCs get to Admin using 192.168.0.1, I just cannot do it with my Win 11 PC. Grrrr!!

I need help with this.

Bernie

Options
2 Reply
Re:New Windows 11 PC cannot access Archer A8 Router
2024-01-10 11:59:04

@BernieFlyer 

It shouldn't be too hard to troubleshoot this.  If the Win 11 PC can connect to the internet and is physically connected to one of the LAN ports on the router, then the connection is fine.  If your Win 10 PCs can connect to the router's GUI, then the router's GUI is fine.  You might check the router's settings (using your Win 10 PC) under Advanced, System, Administration, and ensure the Local Management option is set to All Devices.

Options
Re:New Windows 11 PC cannot access Archer A8 Router
2024-01-10 22:37:08

BernieFlyer wrote

Hi, getting frustrated that my new PC (Win 11 Pro) cannot access 192.168.0.1. I can do this on my old Win 10 PC just fine. I get a timeout (no response from the router). 

I have tried 3 browsers, turning off anti-virus and firewall, cycling the router, pulling out all other connections to the routerand re-booting router and PC, making sure I am on the same ip group (yes 192.168.0.xxx). I can ping 192.168.0.1 fine and I have Internet access just fine. I just cannot get into administration. Luckily I can connect with 2 other PCs on the network (Win 10) but they are going soon. The Win 10 PCs get to Admin using 192.168.0.1, I just cannot do it with my Win 11 PC. Grrrr!!

I need help with this.

Bernie

I did as advised and as I went into system part of admin the connection to the router failed and after that even with the router having all lights correct nothing could access it. At this point I had to reset the router a couple of times but finally I got connected with the Windows 10 machine. Completed setup and all is good. The Windows 11 PC can now access the router for admin and I can connect other devices that use wifi.  @BernieFlyer 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 362

Replies: 2

Related Articles