Connect Archer AX10 to Plusnet Hub 2

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-01-12 15:28:17 - last edited 2024-01-31 08:18:09
Model: Archer AX10  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hello, please can someone help I wonder. I was told that if I set my Plusnet Hub 2 to Bridge mode it will act as a modem and I could then connect an AX router to it and have Wi-Fi 6 (ie 802.11ax) that way. I have already put a Wi-Fi 6 card in my PC. Having read the manuals for both my Hub 2 *and* the AX10, I duly did this, but no matter what I tried, the AX10 just did not seem to 'see' the internet coming off the (now bridged) Hub 2. I just don't know what I'm doing wrong. In the end I had to do a factory reset on the Hub 2 to get my 'normal' Wi-Fi back. I want to do this because I'd like to get Wi-Fi 6 which the Hub 2 on its own doesn't support. What I need (and apologies in advance) is a pretty detailed, step by step guide as to exactly what to do, and in what order. I am really not incredibly technical so I'm very happy to be treated like an idiot for this purpose. Thank you very much indeed for your help, which I really appreciate. 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Connect Archer AX10 to Plusnet Hub 2-Solution
2024-01-13 10:31:57 - last edited 2024-01-31 08:18:09

@Ciderlover 

OK. Let's try the following:

1. How to set PN Hub 2 in modem mode - <https>://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/Hub-2-vs-Vigor-166-7-Can-the-Hub-2-be-used-as-just-a-modem/m-p/1932141/highlight/true#M35999

2. How to install TP-Link wireless router to work with a DSL Modem (PPPoE) - here.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
6 Reply
Re:Connect Archer AX10 to Plusnet Hub 2
2024-01-12 16:47:58

@Ciderlover 

AFAIK this will depend on what package you have subscribed with PN.

1.FTTP

or

2.Package with a home phone line.

In the first case you can swap the PN Hub 2 with the AX10 direcly.

In the secomd case you should set PN Hub 2 in bridge mode and then conect its LAN port to the AX10 WAN port and configure PPPoE connection type using the same username/password that is in your PN Hub 2.

This is probably a good thread regarding your request - <https>://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/Bridge-Mode/td-p/1915103

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2024-01-13 10:11:52
Hi! Thank you so much for this, I really, really appreciate your help, it is very kind of you to reply! My own set up is effectively your no. 2 as I only have fibre to the cabinet. I'm afraid, though, that because of my lack of technical knowledge, I'm still really confused. I did go on to the web thread that you suggested but the exchanges on there seemed to be from quite technical people, who already had a certain level of knowledge, and I'm afraid most of it was just pure Greek to me. For example, you mention PPPoE, but I have no idea what that is, or how to change it or to get it correctly onto the AX10 router. What I really need is, I'm afraid, some really 'granular' 'hand-holding' through the entire process, literally starting at the level of 'switch router on'. I am very sorry about this, but I just can't find anywhere detailed instructions about this in plain English for the complete lay person. I absolutely understand if you can't help any further, but again, many thanks at least for responding to my initial post.
Options
Re:Connect Archer AX10 to Plusnet Hub 2-Solution
2024-01-13 10:31:57 - last edited 2024-01-31 08:18:09

@Ciderlover 

OK. Let's try the following:

1. How to set PN Hub 2 in modem mode - <https>://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/Hub-2-vs-Vigor-166-7-Can-the-Hub-2-be-used-as-just-a-modem/m-p/1932141/highlight/true#M35999

2. How to install TP-Link wireless router to work with a DSL Modem (PPPoE) - here.

Recommended Solution
Options
2024-01-13 10:42:11
Many thanks again, I really appreciate your patience, I'll try this stuff later on as I want to make sure I'm not rushing it!
Options
2024-01-13 17:08:47
Dear Terziyski, OK, success! But it's taken me a while. I took more than a couple of false turns, and I had to reconfigure my computer's wi-fi card to *force* it to 'see' the wf-fi 6 and to acquire the AX protocol, but it all worked out in the end and I'm now on rock solid wi-fi 6 (802.11ax) with a connection speed that's probably as fast as I'm going to get *without* having fibre to the premises. Thank you again so much for your patience and your help, I really, really appreciate it and it has actually given me more confidence that I ever need to set up something similar completely from scratch, hopefully I'll be ok. I couldn't have done it without your help!
Options
2024-01-13 17:25:46

@Ciderlover 

Well done. You should do these things with more confidence - after all that's not a rocket science. If you made a mistake you can always reset the device and start from scratch.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 706

Replies: 6

Related Articles