Deco M4R v2 going mad (red light after internet outage)

Deco M4R v2 going mad (red light after internet outage)

21 Reply
Re:Deco M4R v2 going mad (red light after internet outage)
2024-03-06 21:01:59

Got app version 3.7.14 - still no change - cannot disable the DHCP, which is still active crying

Options
2024-03-13 06:24:01

Hello. I have TP Link Deco S7. I have the same problem. The Deco device is connected to the main router by cable. If the main LTE router disconnects from the Internet and starts up again after a certain time, the DECO device disconnects, the indicator lights red and it no longer connects. I have to restart the whole system, which is impossible, since I am not always with this device. Please fix this problem

Options
2024-03-14 08:48:31

@David-TP 

yesterday I had make one small change to my network - I've connected the main-DECO to a switch instead directly to the router. then I've updated the FW on my router causing, surprise-surprise, an internet outage angel

Observation:

• the main-DECO stayed white - no red-madness anymore yes
  • the main-DECO was still serving DHCP requests while the router was down no

Conclusions:

• the red-madness is definitely triggered by ETH interface of main-DECO going down
  • the DHCP is still activated when the Internet connection is down 
    • Q: is this triggered by main-DECO disconnected from cloud? or is the main-DECO periodically checking for presence of foreign DHCP?
  • all my M4R v2.0 are on FW level 1.6.1 Build 20231227 Rel. 80438 and Android App on version 3.7.14 - but I can't turn Smart DHCP off as advised by @Alexandre as the option to do so is (still) missing
  • after changing the network topology, only devices which are periodically checking for internet availability were affected - e.g. mobile phones (they're trying to reconnect and get new IP)

Workaround:

• so, my suggested workaround for red-madness is: use switch between router and main-DECO as this is triggered by ETH-down event

/BR

ZoloN

Options
2024-03-14 14:30:40

@ZoloN 

They now offer beta firmware 1.7.0, which they claim for sure will let you turn SmartDHCP on. You can get it from here: https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/651248

Options
2024-03-15 09:37:19 - last edited 2024-03-15 09:37:34

Is any solution for Deco S7? On the master router i have the last firmware, so i can not more to do with this :-( 

Options
2024-03-15 16:25:01

Update:

after installing beta FW 1.7.0 Build 20240307 Rel. 49485:

• I can turn off the Smart DHCP
  • tested several disconnect scenarios - it seems like red-madness is gone yes
  • To be improved: I can't access the System Parametes menu in WebUI - just eternal spinning circle.........

anyway, I'll strongly suggest, that the main DECO should be not connected directly to main router, but to a switch in between to eliminate the ETH-down event which started all the troubles.

hereby I consider this issue as preliminary closed - looking forward to non-beta FW

/BR

ZoloN

Options
2 weeks ago

@Alexandre. Hi. Inhabe also Problem wird mi m4r Deco. Can you send me please the same firmware

Options
2 weeks ago
Hi. How can i find this magic firmware
Options
2 weeks ago

@pichincha you can find it here: https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/651248?sortDir=ASC&page=1

/BR

ZoloN

Options
2 weeks ago

@ZoloN should I update firmware even if this deco is not my main deco? My main deco is m5 but I have troubles only with m4r

Options
Related Articles