blocking internet acces for cameras

2024-01-21 16:45:49 - last edited 2024-02-21 02:35:12
Model: ER7212PC  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hello World!

I was looking for a solution to block the Internet-Acces for some Wifi-Cameras. I just want to use them in my HomeAssistant but dont want them to be able to connect to the WWW. i thought i would find some kind of "parental control" to block the access to the WWW just like you would find it on "fritzBox". 

So if there is a way to just block Access to WWW for some Devices please tell me :) 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:blocking internet acces for cameras-Solution
2024-01-22 01:46:40 - last edited 2024-02-21 02:35:12

Hi @Zombiekrebs 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Have you tried the ACL which is an alternative to parental control?

Set a group of IPs or several groups of IP of your IPC and set up the ACL to block their access to the public IP or maybe any IP(0.0.0.0/0). But allow local IP in any case because you still need local access in the LAN.

You might need one deny rule to all IPs and one allow to your LAN IP range.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:blocking internet acces for cameras-Solution
2024-01-22 01:46:40 - last edited 2024-02-21 02:35:12

Hi @Zombiekrebs 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Have you tried the ACL which is an alternative to parental control?

Set a group of IPs or several groups of IP of your IPC and set up the ACL to block their access to the public IP or maybe any IP(0.0.0.0/0). But allow local IP in any case because you still need local access in the LAN.

You might need one deny rule to all IPs and one allow to your LAN IP range.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 181

Replies: 1

Related Articles